Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razorback

"Street Smart" Road Show

7 posts in this topic

I have been giving this some thought and I'll try and give it a go...

There are some of you out there that cannot attend a Road Show event so what I'm wanting to do is when the "Street Smart" Road Show comes to my area ( The CENTRAL Tour: Virginia Beach Aug 24-29 ) I am going to try and get a Smart representative on video to answer some questions that you would like to ask. I will be or have someone take some video during the test drives and I will also be taking alot of pictures so if you have a question that you would like answered or a paticular photograph of a Smart that you havn't seen I'll try and oblige when I go. Please PM me or reply here with your question/s or your desired picture shot/s and I'll reply in the Driver reviews at the tours thread when I return home. I will host all videos and pictures on my server so hard drive space and bandwidth will not be an issue.

Fire away with your questions and picture requests.

I would be interested in the "official" (no) comment on whether we're going to get the Brabus, with its 98 HP 12 valve engine. Worth asking?

I had the pleasure of meeting with Razorback last week and he was able to get a drive in SCHMART..i will also attend the Va Beach drives and I plan on asking about the Brabus as we are anxious to get one...

:dunno: is the smart bluetech diesel in the UK REALLY ever coming to the usa or do i have to make a border run :thanx:

I hammered away at these questions on the 3 different occasions by different people at the smart road show in Los Angeles. These people ARE NOT EXECUTIVES from smart USA. They are simply road show tour people with very limited information about the car or options. They offer the basic question and answer opportunities. They are very smart people and informed about the car but offer very limited in depth knowledge about the car. In fact many of them are Volunteers who are simply helping out for a few bucks to keep order and keep the line moving for the test-drives etc. These smart road show people are very pleasant and will try to answer your questions. But I’ve found more helpful information right here on this website from insiders and people connected to smart etc. So if your looking for real answers to in depth questions from these road show people your not going to get it. Better pack up your camera equipment and head down to smart USA head quarters and talk to decision-making executives who actually know what is going to happen. Id venture to go guess that many of them don’t know yet either.

See if you find someone to answer this question -This last weekend I drove a MB B200T, in Winnipeg, with a transmission very much like the smart. There is no hesitancy shifting. What would it take (cost?) to get such a smooth tranny in the smart?darrylalbert lea, minnesota

The B-Class has a CVT (continuously variable transmission) so, it is perfectly seamless. The smart could (maybe even should) have one of these, but it doesn't...