Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Treehugger

"Clunk...Clunk"...??

7 posts in this topic

Over the past week I've started to notice a clunking sound when I shift. It almost sounds like there is a beer bottle under the passenger seat rocking back and forth as I shift (there isn't - I checked....). It seems worse in the lower gears. I can copy the sound if I drive around a parking lot in 2nd and "pulse" the gas pedal.Any ideas??

Sometimes things are left loose in the underbody panel after a service. Maybe you've got an expensive MB torx wrench trapped under there. (half-joking)

Sometimes things are left loose in the underbody panel after a service. Maybe you've got an expensive MB torx wrench trapped under there. (half-joking)

I only have a little over 2000 kms. I was hoping I wouldn't have to visit my "Friendly MB Dealer" for at least 4000 more kms......it was time to get the car detailed anyway.

LOL. I just brought mine in for a couple of adjustments and a strange, under-passenger-seat noise at 2100 Km. I was hoping to never have to use the warranty! :D

PS: My under-passenger-seat noise turned out to be a faulty low-pressure pump.

ac line might be loose under the floor

That was it.

The "Swash" is a nice touch - glad to see there is something I like at O'Reagan's MB. Hopefully I won't have to see them until my first check-up in 4000 kms.

OK, brought it in today (almost three weeks for appointments right now). Mechanic says my clunking sounds normal, but he'll have a look at the engine mounts and drive module tray bolts. Forgot to ask him to look at the AC lines. But he did agree that the "whoosh" noise from the intake area sounds odd. Thinks it's a loose clamp or hose, but said if it were really a problem it'd throw a code and go into limp mode. He was going to check it today after lunch, but I'm on a tight sched... so I got a loaner. New policy is $15 a day for smart service loaners (though the SA said they'd waive it if they found anything really wrong that would need parts). Except they got me a BOAT: a Buick Allure from Via Route. UGH!