Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest billk1234

Resetting radio code?

5 posts in this topic

My wife took her 2003 smart to the dealer for a battery replacement...they did nit reset the radio code when they replaced the battery...I have looked through all her paperwork and can not find the radio code.. Does anyone have a workaround?...I would take it back to the dealer but it takes weeks to get an appointment here in Berlin and they overcharge for everything they do...ThanksBill in Berlin Germany

If you pull out the radio and find the serial number, your Dealership should be able to retrieve the code for you.Hope that helps...Bil in Canada :sun:

My wife took her 2003 smart to the dealer for a battery replacement...they did nit reset the radio code when they replaced the battery...I have looked through all her paperwork and can not find the radio code.. Does anyone have a workaround?...I would take it back to the dealer but it takes weeks to get an appointment here in Berlin and they overcharge for everything they do...ThanksBill in Berlin Germany

You should be given a "credit card" size card that has a 4 digit code on it. (I think it was 4 digit I gotta double check)It was in the folder with owner's manual, maitnence schedule, radio operation manual, .etcHope that helps...