Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mkt

Which watch to get?

80 posts in this topic

Yes,Yes they DO have em now!www.mymobilewatch.com sells them and they are UNLOCKED gsm units!Eddie

what does that mean?

I think that means that you could use them on any network that is running on GSM. The watch/phone is not locked to a single provider like say the iphone with att

Always been partial to to the old swatches (real thin plastic ones) and seikos. Just recently started wearing my old DKNY watch

Posted Image

I came across Christopher Ward watches and liked the simple and elegant design of them but with a quality Swiss movement in them and for a great price.

I placed an order for the C5AKK Aviator watch from them, to bad it is backordered till November.

a new watch coming for xmas !! (not like i needed one, but i cant stop buying design) time flashing is 12:38. (read top to bottom)

post-143-1193458347.gif

Can't beat a Rolex Submariner......... works great, last forever, is instantly recognisable, never looks dated, goes with whatever you are wearing............ neverending list of positives :smitten:

Come on, can't you read time in Klingon?;)

There are many interesting options out there. One way to narrow the list down would be to ask what style/look do you want? Do you want something with a casual feel? Something office-professional style? Or something that screams elegance and status? While several fine watch manufacturers make things that fall into the casual or the professional categories, there are very few that are pure status. As for what I have, while they're all ladies watches (obviously), the companies all make attractive mens timepieces too. I have a corum that was bought for me, but don't wear anymore. My good watch is an inherited sold-gold elegant omega, and my daily wear is a lovely (albeit plated) raymond weil. Got tons of compliments on that one-- it's classic, elegant yet the face isn't a generic look. Lousy photo attached. (My skin is a snob-- can't wear stainless steel anymore, which rules out a shocking number of watches, even expensive ones. Titanium's an option, but they only had casual look ones when I bought my watch, and I wanted a classic "office" look). I know people who are happy with their seikos, rolexes, movados, etc. my grandfather had an amazing watch-- ultra thin, solid gold, wide -- but for the life of me I have no idea what it was. my aunt might remember.

post-4488-1193497983.jpg

as to where?, i assume you mean where is it coming from? the answer is tokyo. with taxes, shipping, etc it's only $125. cdn for modern cool. everyone has their own personal style, you may want to flash a rolex around and say "look at me everyone", or you may prefer a more elegant, simple style a la movado or something, most of us have an "everyday" watch, a "dress" watch for special occassions or whatever, perhaps even a "sports" watch for using at the gym, or swimming, etc.i have three dozen just based on the design aspect. they are all cheap (i think my most expensive one was around 300 bucks), and they are flashy in their own way, high-techy japanese style or whatever. if anyone asks me the time, i usually spend an extra minute telling them about my watch when they inevitably ask where did you get that?buy the one that (a) you can afford, and (B) says who you are. do you drive a smart for the environmental or fuel saving reasons? does that permeate throughout your lifestyle? (i bought mine for the design aspect). to each his own, hope you find the one that says "you".

Can't beat a Rolex Submariner......... works great, last forever, is instantly recognisable, never looks dated, goes with whatever you are wearing............ neverending list of positives :smitten:

My older brother, my dad, 2 uncles, my sisters hubby, and her father in law all have one.That's enough of a reason to opt out of it :) I gotta be me.I ended up getting a Patek

Steve-- wow, that's some watch collection! I've given up on matching watches (or purses) to my outfit. I always forget, and feel completely naked and "wrong" if my wrist is bare (even though there is no shortage of clocks around to keep track of the time). So, I stick with a "signature" time piece. Yet, somehow, I remember to match shoes and earrings to the look. Go figure... but I guess you guys have to use the few accessories you can. (Poor men, I really do feel sorry for you given your style limitations!!). In that collection, and in light of your latest indulgence, do you have any watches in binary? (I'm thinking of the old line here: There are 10 people out there, those who get binary, and those who don't).

alas, i dont have any binary watches, but the place i order a lot from does have them, they are pretty cool too. i also think men have quite a bit to say fashion wise...a nice armani suit goes a long way, some highlights in the old hairdo, a cool watch, and barring that, i rely on oodles of personality, along with a sweet ride. here are a few samples (from tokyoflash, where i get mine) a couple of binary and another one i almost got...

post-143-1193531173.jpg

post-143-1193531173.gif

post-1-1193531173.jpg

as to where?, i assume you mean where is it coming from? the answer is tokyo. with taxes, shipping, etc it's only $125. cdn for modern cool. everyone has their own personal style, you may want to flash a rolex around and say "look at me everyone", or you may prefer a more elegant, simple style a la movado or something, most of us have an "everyday" watch, a "dress" watch for special occassions or whatever, perhaps even a "sports" watch for using at the gym, or swimming, etc.i have three dozen just based on the design aspect. they are all cheap (i think my most expensive one was around 300 bucks), and they are flashy in their own way, high-techy japanese style or whatever. if anyone asks me the time, i usually spend an extra minute telling them about my watch when they inevitably ask where did you get that?buy the one that (a) you can afford, and (B) says who you are. do you drive a smart for the environmental or fuel saving reasons? does that permeate throughout your lifestyle? (i bought mine for the design aspect). to each his own, hope you find the one that says "you".

yeah i was asking where you were ordering it from. And now that you say Tokyo i imagine it's Tokyo Flash. and alas, i usually switch my watch every work day. my dailies:

post-2418-1193533556.jpg

Wow, great ideas (and collections)! My Rolex has been out-of-service for >10years (justs needs a good cleaning and overhaul) and the Rolex people want pretty good bucks to service it. I haven't checked whether anyone else can do it -- any suggestions??So, being light in the pockets for a few years, I've been using a (gasp) Casio! It has analogue hands as well as digital (I use 24h display too). For dress-up dates, I use a Timex (also analogue); this is the 100 Years of Scouting special edition.That's it, that's all, just 2 serviceable watches (& a couple of heirloom pocket watches).

Watch Clinic on Bank Street in Ottawa's apparently the place to go to for watch repair in Eastern Ontario... don't have personal experience since my watches have only had batteries die, but family & friends have reported good things about them.

I don't think you should send your watch anywhere other than Rolex for service. It could wind up with fake parts installed in it. Rolex sells parts to nobody so, how can anyone else service it? Rolex will sieze it if it contains fake parts.

Rolex will sieze it if it contains fake parts.

That sounds illegal to me

Me too. I'd be shivering in me boots if smart had the same "policy" :lol:

this is a great site to build a "custom" watch also, and makes cool personalized gifts. ive used them to put pix of one of my designer chairs on it, even photos of the kids for my parents, etc as gifts. its fun because you can upload any pic from your computer, move it around, add writing on the back, pick the face, dial, strap, see what it looks like before ordering, and their shipping is really fast !!

go here... http://www.timissimo.com/ and make some custom timepieces for fun, or gifts for xmas.

Me too. I'd be shivering in me boots if smart had the same "policy" :lol:
So, is it illegal for the Rolex to seize if someone repairs it with fake parts (who would I sue?), or illegal to use fake parts when repairing a Rolex, or illegal for the Co not to sell their parts? And, how would one enforce the legality? Seriously, I don't see how anyone could force Rolex to sell their parts to anyone. I think Diesel is right on this, and I guess that's why I haven't had the watch fixed (yet).If I allowed knock-off parts into the smart at a non-MB garage (legal or otherwise), I would not expect MB to stand behind that repair. Same with the Ford, or anything else.