Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eddie Eddie Eddie

Eggs, coolant, oil, and clutch...

192 posts in this topic

I called and pleaded with the service manager to look at my car sooner...He says he cannot, because there's over 10 others infront of mine...And there are currently no loaners available for me...Cabbing it to work, and hiking the 40 blocks home (20 in the rain) is getting annoying...I think I'm gonna rent a car...With my luck, I'll find out I need a whole new engine...Eddie

Air freight a used one in from Europe, or perhaps get a salvage vehicle....

The salvage vehicle is possibly a good choice... but any which way, bucks... Well, one can hope that 'super limp mode' doesn't mean nicely toasted engine... then there's reality....

The salvage vehicle is possibly a good choice... but any which way, bucks... Well, one can hope that 'super limp mode' doesn't mean nicely toasted engine... then there's reality....

there is wrecker in the wack with three smarts

there is wrecker in the wack with three smarts
the wack??????????where mite that be exactly?there's a few pieces i am looking for?

I've got another bunk turbo...This time for real!Impeller's busted. They cannot diagnose the rest of the car til it's replaced...They're gonna swap one of their turbos onto my car for a bit and try it out...Eddie

Eddie.....It's really sounding like you lost proper oil pressure (and the light was just at the tail end) . I suspect it's not going to be just the turbo, but here's hoping!Good Luck! Dang

Good god. Smart should be tearing your car apart to find out what is going on there - just for their own peace of mind. It's ridiculous how many difficulties you've had with that car. I know that statistically it happens with every make and model somewhere, but jeeze.

Nice strikelines on the green, or is it black? car!

A week and a half with no car is annoying...Sure, I now get a good workout on my 6.5km walk home... But a dealership having NO loaners for weeks in advance is pathetic...And a MONTH LONG waiting list to get servicing prior to this??? (A month was the quote wait time on getting my brake job, hence I had to learn to do it myself...)LIke YAY, wow... I found out only "PART" of the problem... It'll probably be another week or two to find out that the rest of the motor's cratered. And two months to fix it...Time to dig up an old thread...Eddie

Looks like I will be hoofin it for a while longer... My motor is being dismantled to find out what's causing my turbo failures and I have been refused a loaner because they are only for those getting A or B services for a day or two at max. They pay they cannot spare a car for the amount me time my repair will take. Marvelous! Eddie

Hmmm... a flatbed and a trip to Calgary or even Victoria might be quicker. Sorry you are having all the issues E3 - sounds like the dealer is not very worried about repeat customers.Good luck and we will keep our fingers crossed for you.Cheers,Cameron

Looks like I will be hoofin it for a while longer... My motor is being dismantled to find out what's causing my turbo failures and I have been refused a loaner because they are only for those getting A or B services for a day or two at max. They pay they cannot spare a car for the amount me time my repair will take. Marvelous! Eddie

Eddie/Doesn"t your insurance have a section about a rental in you are without the car ?I know mine does???

Well if I could afford to, I would gladly ship the car elsewhere to fix it... But right about now I might have to sell a kidney or two to afford whatever this catastrophe will cost...And I'm kinda stuck being a repeat customer because I refuse to take my car to DMFC, where I believe this whole mess started...And rental per my insurance? I'll have to call them tomorrow during business hours to find out.Tomorrow, when I arrive home from work... I will have walked an extra 52km burning 3250 calories... My 6.5km trek home started off at 91 minutes (ugh) and as of today is down to 53 minutes.I guess there IS a bright side to every engine failure!Eddie

Well if I could afford to, I would gladly ship the car elsewhere to fix it... But right about now I might have to sell a kidney or two to afford whatever this catastrophe will cost...And I'm kinda stuck being a repeat customer because I refuse to take my car to DMFC, where I believe this whole mess started...And rental per my insurance? I'll have to call them tomorrow during business hours to find out.Tomorrow, when I arrive home from work... I will have walked an extra 52km burning 3250 calories... My 6.5km trek home started off at 91 minutes (ugh) and as of today is down to 53 minutes.I guess there IS a bright side to every engine failure!Eddie

well Eddie man, i've met you dude...you can't spare the calories....yer gonna wither away soon. You mite wanna take me up on that offer to come collect you and go for coffee somewhere ????

Eddie, I wouldn't want anything less than the dismantling at this stage, especially if head office is following your case and directing the new dealership.There's the possibility, given the history of unresolved problems with your car, that this repair may be covered.Have you heard anything back from Toronto yet?

Tomorrow, when I arrive home from work... I will have walked an extra 52km burning 3250 calories... My 6.5km trek home started off at 91 minutes (ugh) and as of today is down to 53 minutes.Eddie

Poor Eddy ! Eh didn't you hear there about a bicycle ! It has been invented about 150 years ago ! :yahoo: