Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dantes_inferno

Pictures of crashed Smarts.

23 posts in this topic

I am interested to see how well Smarts have held up in real world crashes. Does anyone have any pictures of crashed Smarts? If so please post and do tell what happened if it was you in the crashed Smart! :doublethumb:

It's best to search here because the smart crash information is on various threads here.....

Like this thread, where a smart rear-ended a stationary Honda Civic at 90 km/h.

It's best to search here because the smart crash information is on various threads here.....Like this thread, where a smart rear-ended a stationary Honda Civic at 90 km/h.

Wow! It is amazing how much of its frame remained intact and it is even a K-Smart.

No it's not, K-smart.......well that's the member (Ken's) forum name, we never got the Kei smarts here......

found this pic a while back of a smart kicking the snot out of an M Class... enojy: the M driver didn't.

post-3392-1186693629.jpg

WOW great pic, thanks! That M-Class got owned by that Smart!It was David vs. Goliath, David shoots, he shoots and he scores :lol:

Wow! that’s an unbelievable picture. I can't believe that someone would walk away from a wreck like that.

That photo was taken AFTER the car had been cut up by the Jaws of Life. Bad example.....

That car was cut up with the Jaws of Life as a test. It was not done to extract the occupants. They were already out of the vehicle. It was a chance to try the jaws on a smart.

I can't wait until we get our very own crash forum! ;)

That photo was taken AFTER the car had been cut up by the Jaws of Life. Bad example.....

Absolutley. There is no way that guy would have lived if the Tridion buckled like that. (Note: I think I speak for every one when I say only a Train, The Jaws of Life or perhaps George Bush could make a smart look that ugly) :)

I'm not sure, I assume they were "racing" somewhat, and the smart slowed for the merge and the peugeot didn't. Bad driving all around for sure!Actually since this is a crash thread, there is one clip on there I just can't figure out how it happened. I've watched it a million times and it has me curious. The guy flips his smart going about 15kph. I think the key is he was backing out of a parking stall (too fast), and turned the wheel. I'm thinking the offset in the wheel design causes the car to be quite unstable in that condition. Not sure...Search for "smart car hates gravity" on YouTube if you are interested. Funniest part is when he says "not again" after he flips it!Later! Dang

Yes! It is possible to flip in reverse. But that is the ONLY way (I know!). I have video of me lifting a wheel doing this...-Iain

Yeah, you need a lower CG and a well balanced car to do "Rockford's". I used to do them in my 79 Cordova. I could do a 180 on a one lane street in that behemoth. Had to get it up near 80kph in reverse for it to work properly though...:D

It's fun in forward gears too; a handbrake turn at 80 km/h on gravel to poull a 180 on a one lane road, powering out of the turn so it's smooth like ballet. I would never try this in the smart though.