Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spadogs

smart in Oakville

40 posts in this topic

Hi all,Just thought I would let you know that SpaDogs A.K.A. Andy, is now selling Mercedes-Benz & smart cars at the M-B Oakville Autohaus. I will post information on the new smart 451 when it is available. Should you wish to pre-book a new smart 451 or get on my list for a call to test drive the new car when it comes in, you can PM me or call my cell phone, 416-356-4361. MB Oakville is a great dealership to make your next purchase at. No preasure of any kind. I promise you will enjoy your experience doing business with me. If you own a small or even large business and want to switch to smart or even add a smart, let me know. There may be special "fleet" pricing. And don't forget that M-B Oakville Autohaus has the best smart service in Ontario! Cheers!AndyP.S. Cookie & Tuxie are looking forward to their first ride in the 451 too.

Way to go! It's nice to have an insider at the club!

Way to go! It's nice to have an insider at the club!

Thanks for the kind words. I realize that my post was a shameless promotion. I am however the same guy just trying to do something I think will be fun and make a difference.

Now that you have somewhat of an inside track, maybe you could lobby with smart Canada to bring in a diesel version. If they committed to that I'd be on your list to trade up to a 451 Cabrio.

How does Oakville always manage to get all the best people? What a dealership!

I think this question almost answers itself in circular logic. They get the best people, which makes them an excellent dealership, which attracts more of the best people... etc.

Thanks! Things are changing a lot here in Oakville. We are getting a new building and showroom. The new shop is completed and up and running. When all things are done I hope to be the guy you see in the new smart showroom. The plan is to have new cars, used cars and smart cars. We have some great photos of the new car and a lot of information on our Intra-net. If anyone wants to book some time with me to come in and have a look, just let me know. You can PM me or send email to andy(at)andystark(dot)ca. I will post the new pricing information when it comes out. It is possible to reserve a car now, but I can not custom order them yet. As soon as I can I will let you know. Julie wants a Yellow Cab with a Black Tridion. I also hear that the cdi will be back for 2009. There are some great added features to the 2008 as well, like tire pressure monitors. The product offering is streamlined with only the models, Pure, Passion and Passion Cab. Once our new digs are in place I will make a pitch to do a smart customer appreciation event. And for those of you who get your service in Oakville I plan to include you too. Like many smart owners I bought my cars elsewhere but now have then serviced in Oakville.Hope to post more soon. And hope some of you take the time to stop in and see me, even if it is just to say hi!- Andy.

Just a note to say we only have one 2006 model 450 left. It is a black cab. This car is new, not a demo.

I just took my car there for service and Andy greeted me there. He looks and sounds like a smart pro already. Melissa was nice enough to drive me all the way home in Hamilton. Oakville sure take good care of you.

Got my car back from Oakville today. They installed a new turbo under warranty. They didn't force the issue but they suggested I get the fuel filter/water seperator done as well. I was at 52,000 kms and figured it was time so I said yes. Their parking lot is a dusty/muddy mess due to contruction and they have to give you back a dirty car and there's nothing they can do about it. I was worried about scuffs, swirls or micro marring of the finish on the bumper and rear fenders which had to be removed to work on the turbo. When I got home, I hand washed the car and checked the finish carefully. It was perfect and the seats were clean too. The turbo is nice and quiet and the car has regained all the speed it was gradually losing. Another great experience at Oakville Mercedes Benz. As they say, Oakville Rocks!BTW, does anyone know what that turbo is worth?

So what was the cause of the turbo failure?

It never did fail. It was still working perfectly, it's just that the bearings were gradually failing which made it screech under heavy load. It gradually got worse to the point that very little load was needed to make it screech. It was probably caused by my wild driving.

I am glad that is all it was....i remember a couple of people at the Niagra cruise mentioning your turbo sounded different when they drove behind you.

I have one new 2006 left. We are prepared to sell it under cost. I can not post prices. If you are interested you can come in or PM me. code - fortwo cabriolet pulse CY7 P01 - pulse CY7 Package A02 - pulse Package (Cab) EA4 - jack black

I w2as salivating over it yesterday but can't justify the trade-in loss I'll take on my current Passion.

By the way spadog, you need to talk with your service guys. They're still trying to sell the full fuel filter unit swap when only the filter (at much less cost) needs to be swapped, the electronics part can be moved to the new filter. When I tried to explain that, then they went on about needing a new bracket to do that and it costing just as much. That isn't what I've read here.

See http://www.clubsmartcar.ca/forums/viewtopi...ght=fuel+filter and other references to this issue. A number of people have got their dealers to swap just the filter and saved a number of bucks. Why swap the electronics when it is only the filter that is consumable?

That's not to say the service team were not polite and efficient, just a comment on the knowledge of their product. Or are we wrong on this subject?

I pointed one of them to the website and he went and looked while I was there and commented on the large amount of information available here.

That's pretty optimistic, if my tracking enquiries are correct. I haven't caught any CDN smarts on recent shipments.Do you have a PO number or two that you could help me out with by PM, so I can track them more efficiently?

• More safety features (such as tire pressure monitoring and passenger seat occupancy recognition)• More standard equipment and features, such as:o pure: new 5-speed automatic with manual shift mode (PRND design)o passion: power steering, sound system and heated seatso passion cabriolet: fully automatic tritop softop with heated rear glass window• New product line strategy and pricing, with a starting price below $ 15 000!o pure coupé: “affordable entry into the smart world” MSRP $ 14 990o passion coupe: “high-end features and comfort in noble ambience” MSRP $ 18 250o passion cabriolet: “the maximum smart experience for all seasons”MSRP $ 21 250

Do you know if it'll be possible to custom order a smart, just like you could "back in the day"?If so, can it be custom built WITHOUT the PRND shifter?-Iain

I believe the PRND shifter is standard equipment on all smarts being manufactured for North America. I doubt you'd be able to change something like that, just as we couldn't order a whole lot of European options.

Where are you going to put the new cars, Andy? You guys are a little short on showroom space these days! ;)

I would be very happy if we could order it without the PRND.I don't see it being a big deal of letting it through because it is exactly like the current model, but I can see the bureaucracy vetoing this. They should let at least the Canadian models have the option.Mike T, you mention "CDN spec" model 451s - are these the same as the US ones, essentially being the "North American" model?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More