Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmartieParts

Distribution of MDC parts in Canada

166 posts in this topic

Hi Steve. I'm not sure if I'm already on your list having bought through the group buy, but if not, please slap me on it.

Thx!

Kirk

Done. Thanks for the interest.

- Steve

(ps: The window package rocks! I never knew how convenient those features would be until I tried them)

I'm very interested in that as well. Do you also do the installations?

Kirk - I was going to announce to all the GB purchasers anyway :) Thanks though.

Dean - I can't do installations nationally, of course - but in the local area for sure! I'd like to find competent folks nation-wide to offer installations, but that might be a bit far-fetched until I'm more established.

- Steve

Dean - I can't do installations nationally, of course - but in the local area for sure! - Steve

Darn, we might just have to make a trip out there! :watchout: After all, we save so much on gas it will be cheaper to drive than to pay for shipping! :biglaugh:

I do plan on having fully illustrated ENGLISH manuals for each product. Eventually. They take time to creats, and I've only had experience with a tiny percentage of the items - I can't write manuals for those I haven't used.

- Steve

Kirk - I was going to announce to all the GB purchasers anyway :) Thanks though.

Dean - I can't do installations nationally, of course - but in the local area for sure! I'd like to find competent folks nation-wide to offer installations, but that might be a bit far-fetched until I'm more established.

- Steve

Good. I don't feel like cutting into my Speaky. It's better if someone else does it. :lookaround:

Err..... I mean... no worries Dean. Your beloved car will be in fine hands and the best of care.

While things aren't ready to go just yet, I would appreciate feedback to gauge people's interest. I will have a mailout when its all ready to go, so if you would like me to add your email to the list, send me a message indicating that.

There's another thing I've let slip through my sieve-like brain recently.

Yes, please add me to your mailing list!

Hehe... the thought of taking power tools to OTHER's cars makes me grin.

Your Service and install department could have a Bulldog with powertools as a logo :diablo:

Bud

This all sounds so interesting. I have had a look and I want to bit by bit add on to my smart. Please add me to the notification list!

Sean

You bet! If you don't mind, pm me with your email. Otherwise, I'm certainly going to post here as well. either way, you'll be among the first to know :)

Btw. I wanted to have everything up by now. But WOW! When I did the website for the group buy, I sped through things because well... it wasn't AS important to get things right. Also, I didn't have everything MDC offered up there - just the stuff I thought people might be especially interested in. They have a couple hundered items and adding to the site take about 5-10 minutes PER ITEM! I've been working on it every spare minute I have.

its coming :)

- Steve

You bet! If you don't mind, pm me with your email. Otherwise, I'm certainly going to post here as well. either way, you'll be among the first to know :)

Btw. I wanted to have everything up by now. But WOW! When I did the website for the group buy, I sped through things because well... it wasn't AS important to get things right. Also, I didn't have everything MDC offered up there - just the stuff I thought people might be especially interested in. They have a couple hundered items and adding to the site take about 5-10 minutes PER ITEM! I've been working on it every spare minute I have.

its coming :)

- Steve

can you order in the mean time?

Yes, and no.

My orders have to be of a certain size (several thousand euros). Unfortunately, they haven't even given me a complete pricing list yet - and what they have provided me has some obvious errors in it (some items cost me more than the retail price)... so I wanted to get that cleared up before I went and ordered stock.

So the plan is to get the site up first - then take "pre" or "special" orders for a week or two... decide what I want to (and can afford to) carry as stock, and then order that all together.

There are some kinks that need to be worked out. One major one is MDC's own supply issues. Since the group buy that I started way back in March, we still haven't received all the items ordered. But that's exactly why I think we need a local distributor (ehem... me :) ) to buffer against those problems. However, at the beginning, there will certainly be some hicups and delays.

Patience will be appreciated, and rewarded where I can.

- Steven

( I do very much expect/hope to have the site ready for pre-orders by mid week)

Thanks for the update Steven, I will be one of those pre orders for sure, you can count on my business. :bowdown:

SmartieParts.com

I worked very hard the last couple weeks, and the site is finally up and ready to start taking pre-orders. *Whew* What a frantic pace! I've started several businesses before, a few of which involved eCommerce sites. But this is the first time I've had to translate from a foreign language and hold teleconferences across 9 timezones!

Very exciting time for me! I'm risking a lot more than I ever thought I would with a business that's ouside of my core expertise, but I'm confident that my knowledge and passion for this fine automobile, along with the support of you great folks, will see this thing through! And in the end, with any luck, Canada will have a local source for some of the best aftermarket smart parts available in the world!

So please, take the time to visit my site and provide me with all the feedback you can! (good and bad).

When you click the link above (if its so big you miss it, click here) please take a minute to read the temporary page I put up that explains things a little.

And PLEASE!!! Report any problems you see... be it a little missing period or a messed up image or a description that just isn't clear... I put up over a hundred items in the last three days so i'm sure I missed something.

Thanks again for your support and encouragement. I do this as much for you as for myself (until the US market opens up - then its all about me :diablo: ).

Seriously though - I really appreciate your comments.

- Steven

Congratulations s_mack for becoming the NA distributor of MDC parts! I'm quite interested in a few pieces now that I actually know what they are!

OMG MAN!! FREE SHIPPING!! Those are the two words that just sold me on a few things LOL! After a little chat with the pops that is to make sure everything is kosher.

BTW I did find one typo...when you're describing the "handy base platform", you mention what you can put there. You might wanna change it to MP3 instead of MP2.

BTW I did find one typo...when you're describing the "handy base platform", you mention what you can put there. You might wanna change it to MP3 instead of MP2.

I just sent s_mack a PM about the same typo. :beerchug:

I definetly want these floor mats, they look great. Aluminum Floor Mats

I saw these on a European website and I knew that I wanted them. They will probably scratch easily but they look amazing. :bustamove: Does anybody know how well they stand up to normal wear and tear?

Lol... you guys sure have sharp eyes! Thanks for pointing it out both of you - its fixed now.

The aluminum mats should stand up great! I mean, they are made of a heavy gauge aluminum... they make flooring out of the same stufff for industrial applications. The "barley grain" pattern should help to hide scratches. If it was just a shiny surface they would show up more.

- Steve

Hey Steve, when you get these products in, would it be possible to take some pics to post that are a lot larger? Some of the articles are extremely hard to view in their size.

Did you realize you can click the image to get a larger one? In most case though, I agree - the images I was provided with are too small. Some are nice and big.

Yes, I do intend on getting better photos of everything as they come in. However, I do not wish to hold up people's orders longer than necessary so I may rely on customers' help in contributing photos. Especially for special order items where the person might be waiting weeks just to receive it.

Thanks for the feedback!

- Steve

Did you realize you can click the image to get a larger one? In most case though, I agree - the images I was provided with are too small. Some are nice and big.

Yes I did. And some were the same size after clicking on them.

When I get some product from you, I will take Pictures of the Items, and try to showcase them as well as possible for my limited abillities and send the best on to you.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More