Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmartieParts

Please help us improve our site!

45 posts in this topic

Another thought is to go by time zonesEastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific, and everywhere else (since Alaska, Hawaii, and the territories are all in different time zones

Ah, an even better idea. I change my vote to time zones. If, that is, this is a vote. :biglaugh:

I'd post a poll, but I don't want to go over anyones head with this :)

a poll may be good but how about after more input for awhile..with time zones would it be like this? time zones are ok, but some split areas of state. I feel geographical divide is better and when people have their gatherings and events its warmer to think of the Ontario gathering, or the New England cruise, or the Nova Scotia picnic..

post-1049-1187526054.png

Speaking regionally - I'm for Southern Smarts - Carolina Smarts in particular. That takes care of North Carolina and South Carolina.

now that sounds "warm"...makes me want to order some chicken barbecue and an ear of corn.

I'm the true southerner here ;) I live further south than any of you continentals :DNow I'll get my real southern food... my rice & beans and fried bananas on top of biftec acebollado :D

ooo.. Mojito, not a bad idea. It's a Cuban drink, but so's a Cuba Libre, and that's one of the most common found drinks here.I think I'll head to the old city now to get one :D

I now support TIME ZONES, as it is more inclusive for Smarties in both Canada and the US.IMO, we are all Smart Nuts and should not erect barriers that could impede the free flow of information.A2jack

I think time zones would work if its all time zones equally, but if the divisions stay the way they are for provinces then I think the USA sections shouuld be split into areas, like New England, South Atlantic, Southwest, Pacific, southcentral. etc.

My favorite member site for my Scion xA is scionlife.com The site grew over the last three years along with the Scion dealers and models. The regional forums found the right balance and range over time, so I don't think it's predictable where the most active owners will be located.The forum categories work really well for the majority of Scion owners, who tend to be young first-time car buyers:Scion xAAero & ExteriorDrivetrain & Forced InductionICE & InteriorSuspension & Wheel/TireWith the right marketing in the US, there may be a lot of young first-time car owners selecting the fortwo and they will have a lot of questions which are general rather than smart specfic.

I checked the site out..it is nice..I like the section how much have you spent on mods.....I would be embarrassed for anyone to know........Time will tell.....at the drive here yeaterday interestingly the majority of the drivers looked like empty nesters........

i don't mind waiting AT ALL, but i really like craigslist's layout. i was probably not the only one to suggest the current layout to them, but when they finally copied san francisco's model onto massachusetts, i just had to say "squee!".btw, new york is not part of new england. they're just wannabees, but we do welcome everyone...especially those who are great barbecue/clambake organizers. :smile:

I believe New York is mid atlantic but can be combined with New England and called Norh East.

There are two things I would add;1. in "Location" left below avitar, I would like to see 'City' and 'State'2. Own Smart car now; 'Yes' 'No'This would encourage camaraderie, contact, and referral to this website.

Wheels,These are good ideas. I wish we could make fields required so we can get some basic location information on our new and current members under their avatar pix.Regina

While I think the location being filled in is a good idea, I disagree with any requirement (percieved or otherwise) to be a smart owner. Filling out a yes/no for smart ownership could create a multi tier membership, which goes against the "for everyone who loves smart cars" in the club motto.My opinion, YMMVMG

Yeah, I don't think a requirement is necessary but it is nice when people share. I would just put down Neptune if I didn't want to share my location and it was a requirement. :D