Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rrrucke

A Forgotten Niagara Falls Incident

6 posts in this topic

When I was in the great Providence of Ontario for the Niagara Winery Cruise, I had to fill up the smart. My daughter and I had driven to a diesel gas station in Niagara Falls. While there, we almost got run over by a big Dodge Ram Truck. After gasing up, we had to manuever through the station when the truck started heading towards my front passenger side. We were at an angle so we were pretty much looking up the radiator hose when the guy finally saw us. Weird, he and his girlfriend were looking straight at us about 20 feet away but it's like the car didn't register in their minds. Rae and I both let out a collective scream out of reflex. Anyway, all went well but thank God I'm not writing a different story. That is not an incident I want to repeat.Regina

Whenever I'm in parking lots or at fuel stations, I always slallom around stupid people who finally see me... then stop... and are completetely dumbfounded as to what to do. :) I never slam on my brakes, I always just dart around them. :)-Iain

It always amazes me just how many stupid people there are, particularly driving cars. In fact you wonder that if they are as stupid as they appear, just how do they manage to earn the money to buy a car in the first place?Today when leaving work I almost came a cropper from one of the many car park idiots. The ones that think they can drive directly through the vacant gaps between cars in the parking lot and drive in a straight and unerring line to the exit ....... without apparently having the need to look where they are going. Certainly not taking any account for the many folks who actually drive in the lanes provided :banghead: This ageing Limina made a bid for my drivers door and was half way out into my 'lane' before the driver even thought to look to see if there were any cars coming. Slalom was the way to describe the avoiding manoeuvre as you put it Duck. Luckily I avoided him. I was once torpedoed in the drivers door when leaving work in a brand new Citroen when I worked in Edinburgh. Not something that I was wanting to repeat. :puppy:

Regina.That report is both interesting and scary. Are the other drivers so suprised by the size and shape of the smart that they don't react normally? Could car color be a factor? Perhaps with small cars... Brighter is better."Back in the day" Our every day car was a tiny Honda 600cc. dark blue in color. Other drivers seemed not to see the car and we had many close calls. We repainted the car red, and blue and ran a row of big white stars up the side and roof. (Stars came from an aviation supply house and were insigne for WWII airplanes). We were never invisible again. :lol: BTW, we are ordering the yellow with black tri Passion.A2jack.

McSmart I totally agree with you on this one. Driving through parked cars is common practice at the go station parking lot where stupid people are in a rush (never a good idea) to get out as fast as possible. It's dangerous for other cars as well as all the pedestrians making their way to their cars.