Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmartieUSA

Remap of USA Gas Smart

46 posts in this topic

So the current list of those wanting the remap of the Smart 450 Gas cars is as follows. 1. SCHMART 2. Todd 3. Darryl (it might take a while to drive there) 4. idahosmart 5. Brav 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. there certainy has to be 5 more interested?

I am interested, however I have a 599 that will have a Roadster turbo on it - possible to get a "roadster" remap?

Eddy replied,Yes. It is possible. But may have to ship ECU to Germany. The cost will be a bit higher.So now if we can get 5 more we are ready to get things ordered.Bob

I know many of you has contacted me behind the scene for this deal. But if you don't step up to put your name on the list. We are not going anywhere soon.

I am in Eddy, put me on the list. 2005 G&K gas coupe in California. Will send ecu when the group number is filled, let me know. Kerry Peterson, kerryp@pbc-online.com

I just completed 2200 miles of vacation in the Canadian Rockies with my Smart and even with agressive driving ina loaded car with 2 people and in the mountains it still averaged 46 MPG for the trip. I was running 60-70 MPH most of the time in Canada and a few blips to over 95 MPH while passing. The car runs like a beast but when you back off and cruise it gets great mileage.Going over the pass from Seattle to Spokane, WA we ran into some heavy winds while cruising easy but averaged 54 MPGrunning 60-65 MPH with most of the time climbing at 60 MPH. Smartie had no problem pulling the grade into the Cascades.Unfortunately, I had to step it up 65-70 MPH on the way down hill as there were too many fast moving trucks to keep it ateconomy cruise.In the higher altitudes of the Canadian Rockies, near Banff, it was great fun passing the big motor SUV's as it still had all of my 76 BHP even at 7500 feet elevation. Wonder how much of their big motors were still pushing the 5000 pound beasts? ;-)Feel free to PM me if you want specific details. Maybe now that I am back home I can slow down ang get the mileage backover 60 MPG.My worst tank in the Rockies was 38 MPG on a hard run up to the Columbia Glacier fields. Don't know why that tank was so bad but it was a bit of a hard run and there were many full throttle starts to get out in traffic.So the worst case mileage is down 2 MPG from what I had before the remap.--------------------------------Ok so the list is now:1. SCHMART 2. Todd 3. Darryl (it might take a while to drive there) 4. idahosmart 5. Brav 6. Kerry Peterson7. 8. 9. 10. there certainy has to be 4 more interested people out there?Maybe you should beat the bushes.

post-2358-1191450299.jpg

So what should I be averaging on a 599 gas Fortwo delipped otherwise stock? I am only getting maybe 40mph in mixed city/hwy driving. I have 17" brabus rear wheels which dont help.. and I run Californias wonderful 91 octane with booster. my Xgauge can read 50-60+mpg in a draft behind a truck.. but that aint realistic. Usually cruise at 68-70mph

So what should I be averaging on a 599 gas Fortwo delipped otherwise stock? I am only getting maybe 40mph in mixed city/hwy driving. I have 17" brabus rear wheels which dont help.. and I run Californias wonderful 91 octane with booster. my Xgauge can read 50-60+mpg in a draft behind a truck.. but that aint realistic. Usually cruise at 68-70mph

With the G & K cars they seem to never get above 42 MPG stock. Or at least mine never did. But like you I usually drove at 70 MPH.With my remapped car:At 70+ MPH my highway mileage on rolling highways ground is 46-48 MPG. Slowing down to 60 MPH make a HUGE difference in MPG. On the same rolling highway ground I get 52-56 MPG range.If I put the cruise control on and run at 60 MPG on the freeway, light or no wind and no rain, I get 60-62 MPG.Climbing hills or big headwinds I still drop back to mid 50 MPG cruising at 60 MPH.So with a stock 600cc Smart, not a G & K conversion map, I would expect similar numbers to mine.Try slowing down and let us know how you do?Cheers,Bob

The Brabus 17s set up definately brings the mpg down. It does on mine too. With stock wheels I would get 50 mpg going 55. With the Brabus....it handles great but the mileage goes down to 40

The Brabus 17s set up definately brings the mpg down. zIt does on mine too. With stock wheels I would get 50 mpg going 55. With the Brabus....it handles great but the mileage goes down to 40

Wow that is a huge difference.Are you also going from low rolling resistance tire to sticky tires?Is the outer diameter identical or should the spedo calibration be changed?You may have talked me out of the tire change at least for everyday use.Bob

the brabus set up is sticky and the rolling radius is different than stock..on the star diagnosis I believe you can set the speedo for Brabus to compensate for the tire size. Its not as bad with the 16 inchSpikelines and toyo tires I run also

I am running 17" rears.. quite a bit different rolling diameter from stock. But the car looks amazing. I think I am doing alright if I am getting 40 avg 45 easy driving with the 17s. Cant wait for remap tho.. and Roadster turbo!

I'm interested in the remap (just got a G&K car), but for a variety of reasons would rather get a second ECU to map. Anyone know how I might go about getting one and what it might cost? I'm sure it won't be cheap...--Donnie

I could not wait for another 4-5 people to step forward. I am taking a drive up to Eddy's next Monday. He will be activating my OEM cruise and I have decided to go ahead and have the remap done while I am there. It may cost a bit more but I figure when will be the next time I drive out to Eddy's.I will let you know my thoughts on the remap when I get back. It is about a 4 hour drive so should be a good test.Todd

1. SCHMART 2. Todd 3. Darryl (it might take a while to drive there) 4. idahosmart 5. Brav 6. Kerry Peterson 7. David8. 9. 10.

Sorry guys, you will have to remove me from the list. I had the remap done with Eddy a few weeks ago while having my new suspension put in. The remap is definitely worth it. It makes for a whole new ride.1. SCHMART 2. Darryl (it might take a while to drive there) 3. idahosmart 4. Brav 5. Kerry Peterson 6. David 7. 8. 9.10.

Fast Eddy: this remapping sounds very intriguing - please explain in non-gearhead terms what the remapping entails and what differences I can expect to feel in my California 2005 Euro Smart Passion Cabrio G&K conversion?

I have made no mods yet to my car. I would love to get better shifting and performance, and enhanced MPG would be icing on the cake! How long would remapping take once you received my shipped ECU?

And, BTW, what is delipping??

:thanx:

Please explain in non-gearhead terms what the remapping entails and what differences I can expect to feel in my California 2005 Euro Smart Passion Cabrio G&K conversion?

I have made no mods yet to my car. I would love to get better shifting and performance, and enhanced MPG would be icing on the cake! How long would remapping take once you received my shipped ECU?

And, BTW, what is delipping??

:thanx:

Eddy will probably PM you as well but the plain test is the following.

The remap allows full boost at lower speeds giving smoother acceleration.

Feels like a massive power increase much more than it is.

Highway mileage was limited based on the way the car was certified. The remap

gives you a highway profile like the european Brabus and makes the car very compitent on the highway.

Even whenm going over the Cascade mountains, if you keep your speeds down, you get great mileage.

At 60 MPH I got 52 MPG going over the mountains.

The other big change to make is the suspension. Taking out the bouncy ride also make the car shift better and

gives better power since the stability control does not kick in on every shift.

As for turnaround I believe Edy has been doing them in less than a week. You need to confirm current times

with Eddy.

Shall we add your name to the list?

Do you have a couple more so we can get the discount pricing.

Cheers,

Bob Folline

1. SCHMART 2. Darryl (it might take a while to drive there) 3. idahosmart 4. Brav 5. Kerry Peterson 6. David 7. 8. 9. 10.

i can vouch for the remapping by Eddy, but the shifting allows you to drive the car more aggressively so watch out for mpg! what did you have done to your suspension?