Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ProgFrog

Fundraising Auction

Which auction method would you prefer?   10 members have voted

1. 1.

• Ebay
    • Through this forum via Private Messages.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

As some of you may know, I was the lucky winner in the Smart Car Universe rear valance design contest. Thank you Les for hosting this great contest!

In the spirit of the recent Cross Canada Cross Country Relay I will be auctioning off my prize and donating all the money raised to the Bruce Denniston Bone Marrow Society.

The auction will be for the 1st prize Smart Car Universe full hitch package which includes the hitch, assembly instructions, trailer wiring kit with circut protection, and SCU valance.

I will be starting the auction this weekend. My first thought was to use Ebay but I am aware that not everybody is an active Ebayer and have also considered auctioning it off internally on these forums through PM's instead. I have created a poll to gather feedback on which auction method most of you would prefer.

Thank you!

-pf

:croak:

post-310-1187728654.jpg

As some of you may know, I was the lucky winner in the Smart Car Universe rear valance design contest. Thank you Les for hosting this great contest!

In the spirit of the recent Cross Canada Cross Country Relay I will be auctioning off my prize and donating all the money raised to the Bruce Denniston Bone Marrow Society.

The auction will be for the 1st prize Smart Car Universe full hitch package which includes the hitch, assembly instructions, trailer wiring kit with circut protection, and SCU valance.

I will be starting the auction this weekend. My first thought was to use Ebay but I am aware that not everybody is an active Ebayer and have also considered auctioning it off internally on these forums through PM's instead. I have created a poll to gather feedback on which auction method most of you would prefer.

Thank you!

-pf

:croak:

Wow! :doublethumb: That is absolutely fantastic, ProgFrog. Totally unselfish. Congratulations on your winning design.

I would send a pm to Steven and see if the Auction could be open on this forum, in the Buy and Sell forum or, General Discussion forum. The forum offers everyone the opportunity to view the pictures of the kit, as well, make a bid. Now the bid could be done to you via pm or, some other method. A value should be established with a minimum level of bidding to be achieved. On ebay they have a minimum bid and if that is not reached the auction is cancelled.

Just some thoughts.

Garry

Which would generate the most funds for the BDBMS and exposure for Les? Could it not be listed on e-bay with a notice that it is also listed for sale locally (or whatever term to use) as they do with vehicles. A link placed in this topic here on the site would keep members informed while the auction was going on. :dunno: Very honorable deed indeed PF and congrats on the design.

After viewing the poll results I decided to auction it off through the forums via PM.I think the easiest way to do this is for me to keep the thread updated with the latest highest bid. If somebody wants to place a bid they can send me a PM. I will post a message containing the current highest bid every night (eastern time) and if the highest bidder hasn't been outbid after 3 days he will be declared the winner.I'll keep all users anonymous and only post the bid amount. If anybody has suggestions or a better idea please let me know. I will start the bidding on Sunday.-pf:croak:

The only thing would be on the 2nd night of no change make sure you "bump" :bump: the thread up so that everyone sees that there is only one more day to place a bid.

I suggest you wait until after the Labour Day weekend as some of us are on vacation and won't have access to the forum for long periods. That 3 days and its yours rule cuts us out of the bidding, and I was certainly planning on bidding.

Thanks you for your suggestions. I can wait until after the long weekend to start the auction.-pf:croak:

A big thank you to Les McDonald for having the trailer hitch contest and to ProgFrog for winning the hitch and then putting it up for auction to raise money for the Bone Marrow Registry - I am now the owner of one such hitch :yahoo: and will "hook up" with Les :smirk: to get a trailer to match "maxine". Les has suggested a black trailer body with grey fenders and a grey top to match my car (black tridon cell and silver panels). With sport rack - allowing for maximum flexibility... Will post pictures in a couple of weeks when I have "the baby rig".Thank you thank you :thanx: We are looking forward to hitting the open roads and travelling far and wide in our smart. Therese (aka maxine)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More