Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xsmall

Arggh! A dealer is coming to my city

11 posts in this topic

And I already bought a car. :(

I was a doubter. Even though I got on the reservation list in April I doubted that a) the smarts would really launch in 08 and b)that there would be a dealer within a 4 hour drive of Louisville. So when my lease on my car ran out this month, instead of buying a temporary junker to last till the smarts come out, I went ahead and bought a keeper-car.

One week later this article showed up in my newspaper.

It's small, cheap and coming to Louisville

:dunno:

No I'll have no smart but I'll see plenty of other people in town tooling around in theirs. Argh.

D'oh!Why not sell your present car privately and buy a smart anyway? You may not lose that much in the process.....

I just got back from my 4th roadtest of the new smart 451...my wife is getting one...she loved it..she has a new honda she's going to sel to get the smart....

I want to talk Krista into getting a new Cabrio when they come out. She can get rid of her car and get a new Cabrio.

D'oh!Why not sell your present car privately and buy a smart anyway? You may not lose that much in the process.....

Hee -- anyone interested in a lovely 2003 Volvo S80? :)

Hee -- anyone interested in a lovely 2003 Volvo S80? :)
No thanks on the Volvo. I feel bad for you. You will unload it. Start the process now and by the time the smarts roll out you will be ready.You still have your reservation in line. Do your thing. Autotrader or Craigslist it baby!

No I'll have no smart but I'll see plenty of other people in town tooling around in theirs. Argh.

That'll be me!!! :nana:

:sorry: couldn't resist using that smilie! :D

I felt the same way - I figured it would be 50/50 that L'ville got a dealer, but not needing a new car, there was no harm in sticking it out longer.

edit: after checking your web links.....geee, why did you get rid of the MINI? :sniffle:

The MINI and the Smart could have been best of friends! :smitten:

edit: after checking your web links.....geee' date=' why did you get rid of the MINI? :sniffle:

The MINI and the Smart could have been best of friends! :smitten:[/quote']

Now THAT is a long story. Ever heard of the "stumble"? It afflicted my 03 Cooper S and after a long drawn-out battle with BMW and Cinci MINI about it the love was gone. :(

ahhh yes, the dreaded "stumble"...never affected mine (an '04), but I recall it was a problem that was "claimed" to be fix by later software fixes. Tooo bad in your case!

I put a deposit on a Scion xD in anticipation of a long wait for a smart here in PR.

Good news and bad news ... and good newsMy husband has just taken a new jobHe has to return his company vehicleNow we have to buy a new car ...Smart is back in the plans! Though we *still* need something super cheap to tide us over till they actually get here.:)