Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vlad

smart USA Reservation Confirmation Program

11 posts in this topic

Anyone else notice smartusa.com has been update with some high level information on the the smart USA Reservation Confirmation Program. Here's the text:"The smart USA Reservation Confirmation Program will soon be open to those who have made a reservation. If you would like to place a reservation for a smart fortwo, please click here. Access to the smart USA Reservation Confirmation Program is granted based on the date of your reservation. Your specific username and password will be emailed directly to you based upon the information you supplied when making your reservation. At that time you will have an opportunity to update your personal information, and verify or change your model and color choices, and add any options you would like. If you are a reservation holder, you will receive access to the Reservation Confirmation Program via email from smart USA. Please be patient. Your username and password will be sent based on your reservation date over the next few months."Anyone been contacted yet? I assume then prices / options will be announced soon? So we will actually order the cars online? So many questions... but looks like things are starting to move forward!Vlad

I believe you're right, prices and accessories can't be too far around the corner. Don't think they would go the online order route, presumably this is a way to give your dealer the most up to date info on the car to be ordered. The telling sentence is....."Please be patient. Your username and password will be sent based on your reservation date over the next few months." That tells me that they will be filling car orders on the basis of your reservation date. So if you just reserved recently (like me) don't expect to hear from them anytime soon! :sniffle:

That tells me that they will be filling car orders on the basis of your reservation date. So if you just reserved recently (like me) don't expect to hear from them anytime soon! :sniffle:

Hopefully, you are right. That would make the most sense.

not necessarily....maybe someone reserved late but at adealer that does not have too many total reservaations.....there are alot of variables...remember car-ma counts':talktohand:'

I will have to check in my email archives when i get home. Monday March 19, 2007 they syarted taking 99 dollar reservations.....

not necessarily....maybe someone reserved late but at adealer that does not have too many total reservaations.....there are alot of variables...remember car-ma counts':talktohand:'

I agree, hopefully that and dealer allocation will enter into the equation.

The interesting thing is that the wording on the statement hasn't really changed from smart's original statement that the reservation was mainly for guaging interest and not holding a place in line.

"Access to the smart USA Reservation Confirmation Program is granted based on the date of your reservation."

Does accessing the smart USA Reservation Confirmation Program before someone else mean that you'll get your car before them?

Schmart, what did they tell you after you confirmed?

you can read the letter here

http://www.clubsmartcar.com/index.php?showtopic=11029

I believe you are corrrect, by no means is this an order...that will be with the dealer.....

."As one of the first customers to place a reservation, we are pleased to inform you that we may be able to deliver your smart fortwo during the first ninety days of 2008. For this to happen, you will need to finalize your reservation by verifying or changing your model and color choices, and by adding any options that you would like. It is important that you complete this process no later than September 7, 2007 to avoid any delays in the delivery of your smart fortwo."

who knows?.....

....so maybe its for the first wave of cars arriving in January....of course its all speculation...it will also weed out those wanting refunds now and open up slots for those that really want to order......