Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harleyduo

How many have gotten the invite to place their actual order?

285 posts in this topic

a pheonix- who are you and where are you learning all of this about Smart? How do you know stuff that's not even in the newsletters? Nothing has been released regarding how many cars will be released and when.. there have been appx and stuff but no exact numbers.

Samanthat,Aphoenix is our down low insider so don't put him on blast. Lots of MB/PAG folks read our forum and we don't want him to get in trouble!! I say, let the info flow man!! :smirk: Thanks,Regina

When I actually got ready to place my order, I began to second-guess myself. While I'm extremely eager to order the Smart Car I have dreamed about for so long, I have this nagging suspicion that no sooner will all of us early purchasers buy what is being offered NOW, when Smart will introduce the machines we REALLY want, like Special Editions, Brabus Editions, Diesel versions, etc. For that reason I pondered ordering less than my dream car thinking I wouldn't take such a hit, financially, when I sold it to get my ACTUAL dream car when the NEW and IMPROVED versions come to the USA. However, in thinking about all the classic car shows I've been attending this summer, I realized that it's always the 'primo' cars that become the ones people want to collect, so I decided to go for all the marbles.I ordered a Metallic Blue with silver Cabrio with every option that is currently being offered. The only option I was not sure about was the 'alarm', since I didn't have any information about how good or beneficial it is according to actual owners, but being a convertible I decided it might pay for itself in keeping people from tampering with it. I just wish I knew what other options will be available for installation at the dealership, since I know there are more things I want, such as the windscreen, sunglass holder, etc.

Hey Harleyduo,I too, ordered the Blue Metallic/Silver Tridion Cabrio w/ALL options available (Alarm system, Fog Lamps, Additional Instruments incl. Tach & Clock, "Comfort Package"[-power steering, -leather seats, -heated seats, -rain & light sensor, -auto-off headlamps w/exit delay]).In-so-far as dealer options (or as Regina says' "stealer options"), I went to the UK site and opened their list of options/accessories and printed all of them. Then I sorted them into three groups: "Must Haves", "Naw-forgetaboutits", & "Hmm... need more informations".I'll take it down to my dealer when the time comes and see what they have and whatnots. If they carry the same stuff the UK site has- well then I did most of my homework and the decision making is much easier.Just a thought.Have a great wknd.-Tom L.

Tom,Since you did all that options research, please by all means post your list (separated in the three columns) so w e can all take a gandor! I know I posted my about a month ago and I'm slowly probably itching up to the $30K price tag. But maybe it will be just under $26K or so. Crazy yes...but I love this car. (Psst...some people don't realize I have a bit of an love obsession with the cabrio so mums the word dude!)Regina:)

Harley Duo.Wow :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: I like your new choice of Cab and colors. After reading your post the wife and I sat down and discused wether we too should go for the Cab. But since she is an avid golfer we decided we needed the trunk space of the coupe.I looks like we may have to wait awhile as our res went in three days after yours.Now you have a new wait until the dealer calls. I expect that will happen before the end of the month.Best regards.A2jack.

Tom,Since you did all that options research, please by all means post your list (separated in the three columns) so w e can all take a gandor! I know I posted my about a month ago and I'm slowly probably itching up to the $30K price tag. But maybe it will be just under $26K or so. Crazy yes...but I love this car. (Psst...some people don't realize I have a bit of an love obsession with the cabrio so mums the word dude!)Regina:)

Hi Regina,Thanks for your comments. I love convertibles or cabriolets and had a disappointing experience with my 1982 VW Rabbit Convertible when some (insert-word-here) –hole, took a knife and sliced through the 7-layered top like a Thanksgiving turkey and stole my radio. Upset doesn’t properly describe how I felt. I thought I’d never go back, but in 2003, I purchased a 1995 Honda del Sol VTEC. They have a removable ‘targa-top’ and immediately fell back in love. It truly is therapy to drive on a nice day with the top off (down).Ok, back on topic…I hope I can get the “Chrome Package”, “Bicycle Rack”, “Smart Design Sticker” (hint: remember ‘Herby, the Love Bug?), BlueTooth hands-free System, Boot Tray, Luggage Compartment Cover, Audio Switch Box, ("Breath...") Portable Smart Navigation System, Fog Light Rings, Anti-theft Protection for Wheels, Luggage Compartment Management System, ("...breath...") Snow Chains, Luggage Compartment Cover, Spectacles Compartment, and All-Weather floor mats. ("Gasp!")Due to the length of the list, I won't list my "fagetaboutits" and "Hmm... needs more informations" and bore you to tears.But I will recommend you and others to visit:www.smart.comand then click “United Kingdom” or “UK”, click which car you’re interested and then see accessories/options.BTW: To keep this somewhat on the topic, I placed my $99 down on 25 March 2007, and I hope I don't have to wait too long to complete my order. :yahoo: Have a Great Weekend! :doublethumb: -Tom L.

...called SmartUSA this morning (13Sept'07), to inquire about Login/Password status.The person I had spoken to, explained the "list" goes out every two weeks (and not daily as I had thought).It is in the order of when you placed your $99 down.The first "list" that went out had about 300 names. The second "list" had about 600 names. The next "list" should go out on Monday 17 September, and I think she said it will have about 600 names.She said they will gradually increase the number of names, but want to make sure there wasn't any bugs in the system.Man, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas... :yahoo: -Tom L.

Monday, 17 September... Do you know where your Order Notification is? (sigh!)I've got to stop working myself up by saying, "...this will be it! Monday I'll get my order notification...! :yahoo: " Only to log-on and find nothin. Man, It's like crashing from a high. :sniffle:

LorbeerTLC, tell me about it! My reservation was placed on the 19th (last four digits 1173) and I still have not received an email yet. This wait is killing me....

LorbeerTLC, tell me about it! My reservation was placed on the 19th (last four digits 1173) and I still have not received an email yet. This wait is killing me....

eqwalker,The 19th of March? You know, I'd give them a call since that's the first day they opened this. I've heard that some people might have not received the notice. Give 'em a call at:1-800-762-7887 (SmartUSA)Tell them you're verifying to make sure that they didn't already send you a user name/password yet. I'd have thought by now, all the people that reserved their $99 on the 19th of March would have been notified. Otherwise, at the rate they're going, we'll be well into 2010 before EVERYONE's contacted.-Tom L.

Thanks for the comment LorbeerTLC. I just got off of the phone with Smart and a very nice lady informed me that my reservation is definitely on file and that I should be receiving the order confirmation email VERY shortly. She did inform me to be sure and turn off any spam blocking on my email as it might block the email from coming through and I have just done so.

Thanks for the comment LorbeerTLC. I just got off of the phone with Smart and a very nice lady informed me that my reservation is definitely on file and that I should be receiving the order confirmation email VERY shortly. She did inform me to be sure and turn off any spam blocking on my email as it might block the email from coming through and I have just done so.

...meanwhile, somewhere in a building in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan..."...Homer! Did you send out the Order Notifications like you were suppose to this morning??""Zzzzzzz....""HOMER!!!""Z... huh? D'OH!" :tremble: (j'est kidd'n)

Hey Guys - I know it's hard being patient but remember to breathe and let it happen. Anyway, as posted previously on a different thread, I received my login email on 9/14 to configure my car while I was on vacation in St. Thomas USVI. I sent in my order on 9/17. As per my signature, I reserved on 3/19 as well. Thank God another step has been completed. I wonder what's next? Thanks, Regina

Didn't someone say that they only send out the emails every two weeks? If so, since I was not in the 17th mailout then it will be another two weeks. Arugggg.

Didn't someone say that they only send out the emails every two weeks? If so, since I was not in the 17th mailout then it will be another two weeks. Arugggg.

Yeah eqwalker, that was me. (sigh!) That's what the person told me at SmartUSA when I called her. supposedly, in the coming weeks ahead, they're suppose to increase the amount of notifications. Too bad they couldn't compute when we'll be getting ours and send out a "pre" notification, saying it'll be on October ?? before we'll be receiving one. At least we'll know where we are in line.In the meantime- (although everything's electronic), I get the feeling ours is in an "in-basket" somewhere in cyberspace...I hope the system doesn't crash. :tremble: -Tom L.PS: Regina; all I can say about you is: :tongue3: (j'est kiddin! Congrats! :yahoo: )

eqwalker - you mentioned that your last four numbers were 1173. Well mine are 1175 so hopefully we are, or will be, in the same boat! Maybe in a couple of weeks we will hear from them.

Thurs. 9/27 at noon is Chas. SC preview for reservation holders.

eqwalker - you mentioned that your last four numbers were 1173. Well mine are 1175 so hopefully we are, or will be, in the same boat! Maybe in a couple of weeks we will hear from them.

You know... I wonder if the last four really means anything (??)

I made my reservation on 25 March, and my last four numbers are 1179. I can't believe only 3 people reserved their fortwo's after the 19th until I made mine on the 25th. :dunno:

-Tom L.

I believe the last 4 digits only indicate the day at which the reservation was made. Not the number of reservations for that day. That is probably buried somewhere in the other previous numbers of the reservation number.

Well, I spoke with Smart (again, shame on me I guess), and they were very polite and informed me that even if you do not respond to the email invitation that they would also call you so you would not be knocked out of your place in line. I did confirm that I did in fact, make my reservation on the 19th but I have not yet been "invited" to place my final options yet. He would not elaborate on when I would. But he did ask if I was in the state of Arkansas. That almost leads me into thinking too that it might even be based on your state that you are in and if the dealers have been established before they notify you. Just a guess though.

Well, I spoke with Smart (again, shame on me I guess), and they were very polite and informed me that even if you do not respond to the email invitation that they would also call you so you would not be knocked out of your place in line. I did confirm that I did in fact, make my reservation on the 19th but I have not yet been "invited" to place my final options yet. He would not elaborate on when I would. But he did ask if I was in the state of Arkansas. That almost leads me into thinking too that it might even be based on your state that you are in and if the dealers have been established before they notify you. Just a guess though.

eqwalker,I think you may be on to something... I too, have wondered if it's a combination of three things:1) Order of when you made your reservation, along with2) Is a dealer set up in your area, and3) (maybe) Did the "Street Smart" show up in your area and if so, did you sign your name/address on release form to test drive?Could where you live play a part too? If you live in Los Angeles, where the 'Street Smart' road show started on the west coast (May 19th), could a person living in LA get their confirmation before a person living in Portland, Oregon, because the road show just ended there September 9th? If that plays into this, then I'd hate to live in Miami, Florida area. Smart won't be by them until November 2nd!Here's another thing: Smart has yet to "Officially" announce where their dealers will be. I'm wondering if they're waiting to finish up with Florida in November?I could be waaay off on this, as it's just an observation. What if you lived in an area that only 2 people signed-up on March 19th, then 10 more signed up... but not until May 2nd? Would Smart ship 2 cars to that dealer first, or would they want to wait until they get a minimum order of say...20 or more? The BIG places like Los Angeles and New York would make a killing. But if your in a minimum order area... you might have to wait longer. Unfortunately, logistically it would make sense- otherwise they might lose "$$$$" on shipping fees (even thought the sticker say's we pay for it). So far from my understanding, SmartUSA told me they'll notify people in two-week increments. The first one had about 300 names. The second time, it was either 300 or 600 names. The third time (yesterday, the 17th of September), it was suppose to be 600 people. So... if it's strickly going by when you signed-up, are you going to tell me that on March 19th up to 1,500 people signed up for that day alone and there's still more?! I'm probably wrong about this, but the gears are turning and the longer we sit without information... hmmm.... :scratch:

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but if it helps establish any pattern, my reservation was on 3/28 and my last 4 #s on my res are 1182. I am anxiously awaiting my notification too.I can still hardly wait though... :yahoo:

You know... I wonder if the last four really means anything (??)

I made my reservation on 25 March, and my last four numbers are 1179. I can't believe only 3 people reserved their fortwo's after the 19th until I made mine on the 25th. :dunno:

-Tom L.

Yes, they apparently do....all 3/19 reservations end in 1173, those ending in 1174 were reserved on 3/20, etc.....

So... if it's strickly going by when you signed-up, are you going to tell me that on March 19th up to 1,500 people signed up for that day alone and there's still more?!

And yes, apparently there are that many reservations on the 19th!! (and more to come!)

So... if it's strickly going by when you signed-up, are you going to tell me that on March 19th up to 1,500 people signed up for that day alone and there's still more?!

And yes, apparently there are that many reservations on the 19th!! (and more to come!)
Ok, so divide that within a 24 hour period... we're looking at about 62&1/2 $99 reservations every hour on the 19th... and there could be more. This is just for the United States! One day!

I dunno... that's an awful lot of people plunk'n down money on a car that (so far), hasn't won over America. All the interviews show people concerned about safety. It's only a two-seater too. Most people have families. I just find that figure way too high for one day IMHO. :scratch: