Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harleyduo

How many have gotten the invite to place their actual order?

285 posts in this topic

alot of people were waiting for the day they could make their reservation.....

Including me.However, the funny thing is even though I had registered back in July 2006 for the SmartUSA newsletter, I had not received anything telling me that SmartUSA was going to launch the $99 reservation on the 19th of March. I just happen to be checking the web site on the morning of March 25th, and found it to be accepting reservations (!!) I honestly thought that the 25th was the first day because later on that afternoon, I received an e-mail (SmartUSA - Issue Vol. 5) notifying me that they were now starting to take reservations.So were 1,500+ people notified early in advance that the 19th of March was going to be the launch day for the $99 reservation or did 1,500+ people just got lucky and happened to check in @ SmartUSA.com?

In another topic someone posted a link to a new article (no longer valid) from May 9th indicating that there were 12600 $99 reservations. That makes an average of 252 per day in the first 7 weeks. 6 days worth on the first day wouldn't through the average out. There were a lot of you eagerly waiting for the fist second you could start the process of getting a smart.MG

I believe many people were filtered out by their spam filters, but i didn't get an advanced notice, only the email that came to me saying the reservations have opened and I clicked on it typed in my credit card number and sent it right back. That was around noon on the 19th...eastern timeIts human nature to speculate

Just as soon as I posted my last 4 digits I thought - really what do they all mean? I have a lot of numbers in front of my last 4. I'm up the creek!

I think SmartCard has the answer though. The last 4 may only mean the day of reservation which would give me March 21.

Thurs. 9/27 is Preview day at Baker Mercedes in Chas. SC - the only Smart dealership in the state.

I believe many people were filtered out by their spam filters, but i didn't get an advanced notice, only the email that came to me saying the reservations have opened and I clicked on it typed in my credit card number and sent it right back. That was around noon on the 19th...eastern timeIts human nature to speculate but I am sure

Wow, so you DID receive a notice on the 19th of March!Interesting! I wonder if the notices went out on different days then to different regions? I still have my original notice stored in my e-mail file and per records, it was sent on the 25th.Sounds like they didn't open this up to every state at the same time, but instead, staggard it so it woudn't overwhelm the system of people signing on. Guess that would make sense.If that's the case, then yes- I can see that huge amount registering on the 19th.Now I'm wondering at the rate they're going, will everyone be able to place their orders before the first car arrives in the USA? My guess is probably not.

I have alot of confidence and optimism that Smart USA will make sure that as many people as they can will get their Smart.

Hi all,I looked back in my old emails and found this, the notice I received on 3/25/07. The only thing prior to this was a 1/17/07 email thanking me for registering as an 'insider'. Not only did I not get any advance notice prior to 3/19, the message of this email indicates "high traffic" on the reservation site. And, I had forgot that we 'insiders' had a couple of weeks before the 'public' got their chance to jump in, also.Just tossing in my .02 :smirk: wayneo66>> from the smart USA team Dear smart Enthusiast,On March 19, smart USA introduced its exciting $99 Reservation Program for the smart fortwo exclusively to “insiders” for a two week period. With only seven days left, we again invite you, your friends and family to reserve a 2008 smart fortwo of your choice before we open to the general public on April 2.We are appreciative of the fact so many enthusiasts logged onto our system to place a reservation. Due to the high volume on our site, we are aware that some individuals may have experienced trouble completing their reservations online.Therefore, we would like take this opportunity to resend you the link to our reservation site. In addition, we encourage you to check out the new product information, color configurator and price ranges of our three smart fortwo models now available on our website.We have received many questions about whether reservations were completed and accepted. The best way to know if your reservation was processed is if you receive an official confirmation email with your reservation number from smart USA. If you do not finish the reservation process because you exit the reservation system before completing all four pages, or choose to download the mail-in form, you will not receive an official confirmation email.However, if you submit a payment online but do not receive a confirmation notice, or if you have any questions about the reservation process, please contact us at 1-800-smart-USA so we can validate your information and resend your confirmation.Again, we appreciate your continued enthusiasm and excitement for the smart fortwo. We hope you will participate in our Reservation Program before we open to the general public.Click here to make your reservation today!Sincerely,Dave SchembriPresident, smart USA

Interesting....Here's the one I received on the 25th of March: (Notice it doesn't give a date when the reservation started)******************************************************************************************************** Vol.5 in this issue .01>> from the smart USA team.02>> can we take your order? 5.01>> from the smart USA team Dear smart Enthusiast,As you know, the smart fortwo will make its much anticipated debut in the United States in early 2008. As the excitement continues to build, you can get one step closer to purchasing your very own 2008 fortwo. Because you signed up as a smart “insider”, we would like to reward your dedication and continued interest in the smart brand with an exciting and exclusive opportunity.If you, your family or friends have been waiting to purchase a fortwo, our $99 Reservation Program has opened today to “insiders” only! We invite you to take advantage of this special exclusive chance to reserve your own 2008 smart fortwo before we open this program to the general public in two weeks. Please read the article below for more details, and be sure to visit our updated website that includes product information, color choices and estimated pricing.Thank you for your continued enthusiasm and excitement for the smart fortwo. Roger S. PenskeChairman, smart USA 5.02>> can we take your order? Our $99 Reservation Program will be open to the general public in just two weeks. But starting today, we are offering you, our smart “insiders”, an exclusive two-week window to reserve the 2008 smart fortwo of your choice, down to the colors!The process is simple. You can make your reservation just by clicking on the link below. Simply fill out the form with your personal information, including your driver’s license number. Then, choose the model and colors of the smart fortwo you want to reserve – the entry-level pure model starting under $12,000*, the well-equipped passion coupe model starting under $14,000*, or the well-equipped passion cabriolet, starting under $17,000* (additional details on all models are available on the Product page at www.smartusa.com).Following this, make your reservation for $99 through a secure credit card transaction online. Reservations are accepted from all 50 states.After you’ve reviewed and submitted your personal information, car preferences and payment, your official confirmation certificate with reservation number will appear onscreen. Your certificate can be printed from the site and will also be emailed to your account.During the second half of 2007, the dealer assigned to your area will contact you directly to formalize your order and vehicle options, work out the details of your purchase agreement and arrange for delivery. Your $99 will then be applied to the purchase of your fortwo. It’s that simple.If at any time you would like to cancel your reservation and receive a full refund, please call 1-800-smart-USA. The smart USA team will continue to send you monthly updates on the smart fortwo, including information on vehicle features and accessories, the dealer network, and the US Road Show. Be sure to follow the tour map that we will post in late spring to our website. When the Road Show stops in your city, local “insiders” will be invited to attend exclusive information sessions and test drives of the new fortwo. It will truly be an exciting chance to get up close and personal with the new fortwo.We will share the exciting news about our unique $99 Reservation Program with the rest of the USA in two weeks when we post the link on our smart USA website. However, as smart insiders, you’ll have the exclusive opportunity to reserve your very own fortwo before the general public, so take advantage of this special chance now! Click here to place your reservation today!*Excluding tax, license, registration, destination charge and options.this message was sent bysmart USA2555 Telegraph Rd.Bloomfield, MI 48302 1.800.smartUSAwww.smartusa.comRespond to this email if you wish to unsubscribe. © 2007 smart USA. All rights reserved. ******************************************************************************************************** When it said, "Starting Today..." I was left with the impression the 25th was the first day. Hmmmm....-Tom L.

Are you sure your spamm filter didn't hold it up...to me it is odd they would send out an email on Sunday.

Are you sure your spamm filter didn't hold it up...to me it is odd they would send out an email on Sunday.

Yup, because I had set anything and everything from SmartUSA or Smart to be "OKed" through the spammer.Notice in my last message, there is no mention of the 19th of March (unlike Wayneo66 message he received).So I can't help but feel they (SmartUSA), staggard the announcement. It was probably sent out by a timed computer. No biggie... what's done is done.-Tom L.

You're definitely right about the last four digits being a code for your day of reservation. I checked my last four are 1232 and it is 59 more than 1173 (March 19th) and 59 days after March 19th is May 17th, my reservation date.

I think you may be on to something... I too, have wondered if it's a combination of three things:1) Order of when you made your reservation, along with

This is the only criteria being used. No other factor (geographic or otherwise) is being used to determine the groups. Yes, there were that many reservations placed on Day 1. The original announcement was sent out on the 19th of March - if you got the 25th announcement, you should have gotten the 19th. If you didn't, it either got blocked by your ISP as spam, or their mail gateway was having problems that day. The burst went out to every one on the interest list at once.

I think you may be on to something... I too, have wondered if it's a combination of three things:1) Order of when you made your reservation, along with

This is the only criteria being used. No other factor (geographic or otherwise) is being used to determine the groups. Yes, there were that many reservations placed on Day 1. The original announcement was sent out on the 19th of March - if you got the 25th announcement, you should have gotten the 19th. If you didn't, it either got blocked by your ISP as spam, or their mail gateway was having problems that day. The burst went out to every one on the interest list at once.
No, my computer has been set since 2006 to accept everything from SmartUSA.com. I've even received my confirmation number when I placed my $99 down via e-mail.If what you say is true, then why was the message I received on the 25th of March say: "But starting today, we are offering you, our smart “insiders”, an exclusive two-week window to reserve the 2008 smart fortwo of your choice, down to the colors!"?That "Today" was the 25th of March. It's even time-stamped on my computer. The message didn't say starting the 19th nor did it mention the 19th anywhere.No, I've carefully looked at my e-mail. I would have known if there was a message sent on the 19th. The last message prior from Smart was on the 26th of February. The problem was probably on their end. I think there was another person on this forum that also didn't receive the "19th" message either.-Tom L.

Well, I am pleased to announce that I finally got my email invite to finalize my reservation. It arrived last night (9-24-07). I didn't actually check my email till this morning and seen that it was there. Already jumped in and selected my options. My reservation was placed on the 19th of March, so maybe they are now getting the emails out to the last ones that have reserved one on that day, although, I don't know if that is the way they are doing it or not as previously discussed in this thread.

The 19th of march reserve dates must have been a test. Otherwise it would not have taken this long, and for sure to get out that confirmation should not take that long for the rest of the people.

Awesome, egwalker!! Congratulations!! You're just down the road a piece from me. I'm in KC. I made my reservation on 4/4, last 4 digits 1189. So...I've probably got awhile to go until I get my confirmation to finalize. That's OK...I've waited this long. I'll TRY to be patient!!Hey, are you coming up for the test drive on Oct. 6th?? I can't wait!! Hope you do...see ya there.Anita

Thanks for the reply Anita. Hope that you get yours soon! I won't be making the tour in your town of KC, but I will be making the trip to the one on the 13th in Tulsa. I have relatives that live in Tulsa so I will be making it a visit for that weekend as well. You will be getting to test one before me so be sure and let us know how it went after your test drive!

I actually called Smart USA today to confirm the time of the KC reservation holders event on the 6th (see you there Anita!) While on the call I asked if my confirmation finalization email had gone out (referencing email issues). They said they are still on Day 1 (my reservation was Day 2)... they did not elaborate on when mine would come. Anyway I'm looking forward to next weekend... and if I don't like the Smart there's always a Maybach (which I'm sure Aristocrat Motors would gladly sell me). I guess there's always the "sorry, I left my checkbook at home" line!Vlad

My smart reservation confirmation number is 7265411173 as of 3/19/07. Order notification arrived 9/24. Order placed and confirmed 9/24. Order modified (color changed) and confirmed 9/26._________________Regards,DanConfirmed order 9/26/07Yellow/Black Passion, Comfort Package, Premium Sound, Fog Lamps, Alarm

What timing... I drive the car Saturday and this afternoon I got my registration confirmation email! Awesome! For reference I made my reservation on March 20 @ 3 PM CST. Here's the text for anyone intersted:The U.S. arrival of the 2008 smart fortwo is getting closer everyday. The enthusiasm and anticipation surrounding smart has been tremendous and we would like to thank you for being an important part of it from the beginning. As one of the first customers to place a reservation, we are pleased to inform you that we may be able to deliver your smart fortwo during the first half of 2008. For this to happen, you will need to finalize your reservation by verifying or changing your model and color choices, and by adding any options that you would like. It is important that you complete this process no later than October 16, 2007 to avoid any delays in the delivery of your smart fortwo. smart USA has created the Reservation Confirmation Program that will provide you with exclusive access to specify your smart fortwo model and colors, add factory-installed options, update your contact information, and enable you to finalize your reservation.You will receive an email acknowledgement of your “finalized reservation” within 24 hours. Again, please make sure that you confirm your reservation by 9pm PDT on October 16,2007. If you fail to do so, delivery of your smart fortwo will likely be delayed. Should you decide not to confirm your reservation, you can request a full refund of your initial $99 reservation by calling 1-800-smart-USA.This Reservation Confirmation Program is not an offer to sell or a purchase agreement to buy a smart vehicle. You will receive an official purchase agreement only from an authorized smart USA dealer as the final step prior to taking delivery of your smart fortwo.

Didn't take long (as I pretty much knew what I wanted). Here's my car:

fortwo passion cabrio, 1.0 L, 71 HP, 3 cylinder engine

Base price

$ 16,590.00

body panels in blue metallic

$ 225.00

Upholstery color: design beige

N/C

tridion safety cell, silver metallic

$ 175.00

Special equipment extras

Fog lamps

$ 110.00

Heated seats

$ 220.00

Additional instruments (analog clock and rev counter)

$ 120.00

Electric power steering (eps)

$ 450.00

Total price[*]:

$ 17,890.00

Just received my e-mail to configure my Smart. I have yet to open it up. Got to get my s... together - refresh my cup of coffee - take my time and get exactly what I want. :yahoo:

Reserved 3/21

Configured10/09!