Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harleyduo

How many have gotten the invite to place their actual order?

285 posts in this topic

I just received my email to confirm my smart reservation and select my options that I would like on my smart. My reservation date is in my signature.

Congrats to ya on getting your 'big email', my Smart compatriot! Your configuration is just like mine, except for the red interior. Hope you don't have to wait very long for delivery.See ya,Wayneo

Holy moly! I finally got the email to configure my smart. I got it about two hours ago and noticed it about 20 minutes ago. It's now configured and I couldn't be happier.This is what I configured:passion coupeblue metallic panelsred interiorsmart premium sound systemfog lampsAlarm SystemTac & Clock :manygrins:

Oh, and congratulations to Razorback as well! May your delivery be soon! :D

I just received my email to confirm my smart reservation and select my options that I would like on my smart. My reservation date is in my signature.

I pick this up from another smartcar club.

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

1305 received confirmation last night - DC area

1305 - July 29.

Received confirmation last nite to confirm what I wanted.

Did it within minutes.

I've seen one other person on the boards that was higher but I havent seen 1300's besides me and that other person.

There *ARE* about 3-4 dealers in my immediate area (DC area) so that perhaps plays a part in this whole thing. So for those in bigger cities, don't lose hope, your Smart is coming!

Congrats to ya on getting your 'big email', my Smart compatriot! Your configuration is just like mine, except for the red interior. Hope you don't have to wait very long for delivery.See ya,Wayneo

You know what they say, Wayne, "Great minds think alike." :)Also, congrats, Razorback!

Oh, man, I feel for ya, Schmimbo.I just wanted to add that my email didn't come from support@mysmartfortwo.com, which I had previously white listed just in case. It came from noreply@fromsmartusa.com. It made it through my gmail spam filter but you never know. So, anybody that's worried about their spam filters might want to add those to their white list as well.

Congratulations Razorback! Congratulations gotwavs! I bet it feels good.It looks like confirmation letters are going out again after a pause to handle the first actual deliveries. I have updated this table to include new information and a couple of corrections.The "status" column is based on the experience of one individual with that reservation date code. It might not reflect the experience of everybody with that reservarion date.Lots of people who report receiving confirmation emails don't mention what the email says about epected delivery date. I am curious about when the wording changed from "first half" to "second half". I am also curious about whether the newest confirmation letters still say "second half 2008". reservation__ confirmation___confirmation letter______statusdate code____e-mail date____wording1173________09/17/07__________?________________some delivered in January 1173________10/03/07_______first 90 days of 20081174________10/08/07_______first half of 20081175________10/09/07__________?________________delivery expected February1176________10/17/07__________?1179________10/20/07_______first half of 20081182________10/26/07_______first half of 20081184________11/06/07__________?1185________11/06/08__________?1188________11/09/07__________?1201________11/26/07__________?1205________11/30/07__________?1214________12/14/07__________?1221________12/14/07_______second half of 20081222________12/14/07__________?1234________12/14/07__________?(in this thread, aphoenix says that in the future confirmation notices will be made based on a combination of reservation date and dealer balancing considerations .)1232________01/25/08__________?1244________01/26/08__________?1286________01/22/08__________?1305________01/25/08__________?

Thanks for putting this table together. My reservation date code is 1192, I confirmed on 11-17 and my car is supposed to arrive in the first half of '08.Mike

Congratulations Razorback! Congratulations gotwavs! I bet it feels good.It looks like confirmation letters are going out again after a pause to handle the first actual deliveries. I have updated this table to include new information and a couple of corrections.The "status" column is based on the experience of one individual with that reservation date code. It might not reflect the experience of everybody with that reservarion date.Lots of people who report receiving confirmation emails don't mention what the email says about epected delivery date. I am curious about when the wording changed from "first half" to "second half". I am also curious about whether the newest confirmation letters still say "second half 2008". reservation__ confirmation___confirmation letter______statusdate code____e-mail date____wording1173________09/17/07__________?________________some delivered in January 1173________10/03/07_______first 90 days of 20081174________10/08/07_______first half of 20081175________10/09/07__________?________________delivery expected February1176________10/17/07__________?1179________10/20/07_______first half of 20081182________10/26/07_______first half of 20081184________11/06/07__________?1185________11/06/08__________?1188________11/09/07__________?1201________11/26/07__________?1205________11/30/07__________?1214________12/14/07__________?1221________12/14/07_______second half of 20081222________12/14/07__________?1234________12/14/07__________?(in this thread, aphoenix says that in the future confirmation notices will be made based on a combination of reservation date and dealer balancing considerations .)1232________01/25/08__________?1244________01/26/08__________?1286________01/22/08__________?1305________01/25/08__________?

Thanks for the update. Yes it sucks not to have the confirmation email out just yet.But Im glad they are resending them out to the next batch of people who made their reservations.My guestimate is I will get the confirmation email in Feb and Ill take delivery of the car in July/August and if I get lucky and score it earlier then thats fine by me. Tim

got the email the other day - i have until sunday to configure. i know i reserved very late in the program - perhaps may or june of last year.

Initial post, so bear with me.Read the forum, used the search engine.Reserved and then configured a model yesterday in response to the email invitation.It seems that all we know going forward is that the earlier cars will arrive in the first half of 2008 and the later confirmations hope to receive cars in the second half of 2008. Is there any real data (ignoring the Canadian deliveries for the moment) on the expected wait from confirmation of configuration to delivery? I am guessing not. Has there been an 451 delivery in the USA? kysmart

I placed my 99.00order on-line on 10/24/07 ,I got my e-mail to configure my car on friday 2/1/08,got a letter stating it would be in the 2nd half of 08 before the care arrives unless the dealer ger a car to retail with other options or colors if I want it

Simply amazing to me at how fast that one happend. I guess it all depends on demand within your neck of the woods.

Has there been an 451 delivery in the USA? kysmart

There have been a bunch of deliveries in the US so far. They've been delivering them since the middle of January. I went to my dealer a week or so ago and they had over 30 of them and they were delivering three that day. It was their first day they were officially open.As far as when where going to get them, it all depends on where we are on the list in our area and how many cars will be allocated to our dealers. It'll be extremely difficult to try to predict. It's fun though. I'll guess May 16th. (364 days from my reservation date) :)

Some dealers are farther along than other dealers. My dealer here in San Antonio TX has recieved only one shipment of cars most of which were demos. Only three have been delivered so far. They dont expect another shipment for a week or more. Other dealers have delivered 50 or more cars. Some are not even open yet. My letter said I would get mine in the first quarter 2008. Maybe, just maybe.

i confirmed online a week or so ago - i did not get a letter stating any estimated delivery date - i am assuming this comes as a postal letter as opposed to email?i stopped by the inskip smart center in warwick, RI over the weekend. decent buzz about the place, nice setup above the mercedes dealership. several groups of people milling about. my conversation with the smart sales person there told me that they had delivered about 10 smarts since opening on the weekend of 1/15, they had two cancellations which went to passersby, but she mentioned that smart was working on figuring out how to pull waiting customers forward if a smart rez was canceled that matched their preferred configuration. she said she was anticipating my order would be up for delivery in a couple months and that they were delivering on april07-placed reservations now and that the process was picking up each week in speed and efficiency as they worked the kinks out.

I figure the dealer in Charlotte, North Carolina is delivering cars, as well. On their website Smart Center South Charlotte has a gallery of photos dated 1/23/08 of what I presume is their first truckload of about 8 different fortwos. I was excited to see this, as I had hoped things would be rolling along as discussed, and they are. I just didn't see any blue/black Passion Coupes on the truck, so I'm still hoping and waiting like so many others.

Edited by wayneo66

i confirmed online a week or so ago - i did not get a letter stating any estimated delivery date - i am assuming this comes as a postal letter as opposed to email?

Check the e-mail asking you to confirm your order. Does it contain a phrase something like this:"...we are pleased to inform you that you should expect to take delivery of your smart fortwo during the first half of 2008. For this to happen, you will need to convert your reservation into an actual production order no later than ..."This phrase was in my invitation to confirm that I received in October. The most recent post I read from someone who just confirmed and who quoted the invitation had "second half 2008" as the estimated delivery timeframe.

I havent heard anything yet. Still waiting. Anybody get their confirmation email lately? Especially in SOCAL? Reservation date is 5/28/07, Last 4 digits confirmation code 1243. Anyone have an updated spreadsheet based on the their reservation dates and confirmation emails etc up through this week? Im curious on what it says or if anyone has one thats updated.Thanks,Tim

Still waiting for an email or something. Damn this is annoying waiting for a stupid email to confirm what I want.Im growing impatient on this deal. BIGTIME.

:angry: Well as of this morning I still have not heard anything new concerning my car. Possibly my expectations have overrun reality. Mine will be in Jacksonville FL - who knows when. I've got the VIN. My "Notification to Reservation Holder from smart 1" states that it will "arrilve in the US within the next 30 days." This was received on Jan. 11, 2008. If I didn't call them (in FL) I wouldn't know a thing. And at that all they say is "you're at the top of the list" and you should be hearing something soon. Where this car is gathering dust I have no idea. Now to be fair - sure - it could have arrived here on Mon. Feb. 11 and is out there in Limboland. Maybe the ship was accidentally torpedoed by a Canadian sub off Myrtle Beach. I have e-mailed Jacksonville a few minutes ago and we'll see what I can dig up. The frustration is caused by the lack of tangible info!

Forgive this stupid question, but no one I've asked has been able to answer it yet.....If our cars are made in France and float across the Atlantic, how do they end up in the port of Long Beach? Panama canal?

Edited by Cora Napple