Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harleyduo

How many have gotten the invite to place their actual order?

285 posts in this topic

I ordered the option pkg. and the comfort pkg.

Will I also get the additional instrumentation: Analog clock and rev counter - those pods that stick up on the dash?

Just received my "CarConfigurator" email this morning. My last seven digits of my reservation number is: 2511175. I believe that I am the 251st person to receive this email. Because many others have the same last four digits. I am so excited that I started a Pittsburgh website and a Pittsburgh Smart Car Club for smart enthusiasts here in Western Pennsylvania and surrounding areas. Even though we have no US smart cars until the first quarter of 2008, those who are within 50 or so miles of Pittsburgh, PA can get-together to discuss this fantastic vehicle. The website is: www.PittsburghSmartCarClub.org

I hope to hear from all of you who are close enough to Pittsburgh to share the enthusiasm.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I have just finished ordering my smart fortwo. :yahoo: Pittsburgh Tom signing off.

Great!Let us know if you are assigned a PO (purchase order) number.....if you get one, we will be able to track your car.The PO number format for a US market car would seem to be 08367xxxxx, with the latter five numbers being the sequential ordering number. The first of those five at this point would probably be a zero.

Way to go, Commander Cody!! Congratulations from another Carolinian! :doublethumb:

That's two of us, at least. I'll be one of the first in WNC (Western North Carolina). Of course in Asheville anything different or wierd is highly acceptable!

Just received my "CarConfigurator" email this morning. My last seven digits of my reservation number is: 2511175. I believe that I am the 251st person to receive this email.

I can guarantee that the 251 in that sequence doesn't mean your are number 251... But it was a good guess.

My number ends in: 1173

I received an email of "Registration" on May 10, 2006.

Received my "confirm your registration" email on February 22, 2007.

Received the "confirmation number": March 19, 2007.

Received email indicatin "building our dealership network": March 28, 2007.

Received email "registering at Smart Fortwo Dealers": April 09, 2007

Received email "Reservation Confirmation": September 06, 2007.

Received email "Configuration Details": September 07, 2007.

Ordered our Passion today. We ordered Yellow/black tri. Loaded, except deluxe radio/dvd changer (way old tech).Standard radio comes with MP3 input jack, and single dvd.Add ons: Foglights , stem clock and tach, anti theft. Our reservation date was 3-22-07. A2Jack. :manygrins:

sweet that is exactly what I would have ordered if Jake would let me have one too. Keep us posted. now how many sleeps left?Karen

At 9:11 AM PDT on 20 October 2007, Saturday, I received my reservation confirmation! Woo-Hoo! :yahoo:

I had originally reserved my Smart fortwo Cabrio on 25 March 2007, so the line is starting to move faster. I guess Smart is no longer e-mailing the notices just on Mondays (in two-week increments), anymore.

My final configuration: --> Fully Loaded! <--

Smart fortwo Cabrio: Blue Metallic / Tridion Safety Cell: Silver Metallic

Options:

Comfort Package-Includes:

->Black Leather Seats

->Heated Seats

->Electric Power Steering (eps)

->Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers

->Light Sensor (autolight)

->Auto-off Headlamps w/exit delay

Other Options:

->Fog Lamps

->Additional Instruments (Analog Clock & Rev Counter)

->Anti-Theft Alarm System

I put on every option Smart offered. :doublethumb:

Moreover, the total price was only $18,230.00 with the still sliding U.S. Dollar (what-a-deal!) :biglaugh:

Many congrats LorbeerTLC!! I know you have been sweating it waiting on it to arrive. Now we just have to wait a little longer.....

Many congrats LorbeerTLC!! I know you have been sweating it waiting on it to arrive. Now we just have to wait a little longer.....

Thanks eqwalker,You're right, now comes the wait for the purchase agreement and delivery. I'll be interested on the DOT crash tests (when they become available)."Cheers!" :yahoo:

This is mighty good news. According to other posts I've read, this means in only 3-4 days time, Smart has notified an allotment of reservations holders who reserved during the period of 3/22/07 up to 3/25/07.If they are notifying this rapidly now, maybe I'll have my email within the next week. :yahoo:

Just received my "CarConfigurator" email this morning. My last seven digits of my reservation number is: 2511175. I believe that I am the 251st person to receive this email.

The first six digits of your reservation number are the hour, minute and day (read in reverse order) you were sent your reservation confirmation. So, in your case you were sent the reservation confirmation at 15:2c:ba military time (PDT).Many obsessed people have spent (wasted) way too many hours solving the riddle of the reservation number.The last four digits are the number of days since Jan 1, 2004 that had elapsed when you made your reservation.All of this could be the very definition of useless knowledge.

I did the RSVP event in Clearwater today. Managed two demo drives. The car is everything I had hoped except for the shifting of the tranny.

Co-driver told me the new US car will have a remapped one. The demos are Euro spec.....he said. Why should they be crappier in Europe and quicker/smoother over here? Confused. Also, maybe somebody can help me out. I did the $99 thing months ago but didn't realize that I had configured a car at the time. Can't remember what I may have picked out. I'm such a schmuck. Is there a way to view one's order? I've emailed Smart about this but I figure you guys are all knowing about these things.

Back when I reserved my car, I originally chose a Red/Silver color scheme as my preference. But, I'm anticipating that I can re-specify my color preference when I get my email from Smart to finalize my car's configuration.So, I don't think you have anything to worry about, as your preliminary order config can probably be altered when it actually comes time to finalize your order.

I had changed computers since I put in my reservation...I just emailed smart & told them that, and asked could they email me my confirmation of the $99 reservation I made. They did it in a flash...like one day, if I remember right. And I think you can change things for your 'confirmation' order, also. Anita

Go to the SmartUSA website and give them your information and ask for the link to view your configuration.

I too did the Clearwater drive.

I posted my review on the "Driver reviews at the tours".

When you get your confirmation e-mail (I got mine September 16th) you will be asked to confirm your personal contact information and reminded what colors you had reserved originally. You will be given a link and a password to use to confirm or change your reservation, including all currently available options, colors and interiors. You can change anything you like at that time. I changed virtually everything! Been second guessing myself ever since. Enjoy!

:thewave: It finally got here!!I got my notice to go and configure my Smart earlier this afternoon, and I didn't waste much time getting it back in to them.I ordered light on mine, only opting for fog lights, additional instrumentation, alarm, and premium sound. I also changed my color preference to Blue with a Black tridion, rather than Red. I figure if I'm ever up for changing to red, I'll pick up some replacement panels in a few years. Now all I've gotta do is hope I'm in that "20,000-25,000 cars in 2008" that I read about in another posted topic.I'm so stoked, y'all. :yahoo: See ya,wayneo

I reserved a smart on March 19, 2007. I was one of the "insiders" receiving the newsletter. I recently went to the smart web site and saw that a confirmation process was going on. After not hearing anything for some time, I called the smart 800 number, I was told that I had already already been sent a confirmation password. I said I had not received one. I was told that the spam filter dog probably ate the confirmation e-mail homework. (Funny, everything my spam filter catches goes into a separate folder, it's not thrown away.) Anyway, I was told my confirmation letter would be re-sent. It was - I received it shortly. I have confirmed my order and have an email confirming my confirmation.But I worry about how the reservation and order process is being used. I never received an invitation to the road show. I don't live in a road show city, but I live 75 miles from one. I phoned the smart 800 number several weeks in advance of the visit to ask if I would be invited to the nearby show. I was told I would be, but I was not. The day before the start of the official road show visit, I phoned again. I was told that there was a special showing for those with reservations at the MB dealer in the city on that very day (which was, as I mentioned, before the official road show display at a different location in the city). I could not get there on that short notice, but I was able to call the MB dealership and find out exactly where the roadshow was taking place. I went to the roadshow and was able to take a drive. Sometimes I almost feel like the "reservation" process was just a marketing gimmick to judge demand for the car and different option levels. Since there is so much demand for the car relative to supply, smart might feel they can just let dealers sell them to the closest people, without regard to when or whether they placed reservations. That does not seem fair to me, and from what I read about Roger Penske he is an ethical person. It does not seem that he would let his organization do something like this. But based on some of the things that happen (or don't happen), I worry a bit. Maybe I'm just paranoid.