Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harleyduo

How many have gotten the invite to place their actual order?

285 posts in this topic

Congrats! I remember the excitement and frustration of waiting too.

That's great, Anita!Even though I'll probably never look a the analog clock or really need to know my rpms, I don't think the interior would look right without the pods to me.

That's EXACTLY right, Gary!! All these months, I was going for the Pure with A/C & radio. Just so I could have my crank windows. I just hate all the electronic gadgets...they always go wrong somehow!! I'm just not a gadget girl. LOL!! Anyhow, when I saw that I couldn't get the pods on the Pure...I almost panicked! So, I went back & forth in the configuration page...experimenting. And I figured that I could live with electric windows, but I could NOT live without those pods! They made the dash 'vanilla'...I HAD to have the pods...that's what makes it so distictive. But, I did make one change in the Passion's accessories: deleted the heated seats. With a caboose like mine, ya don't need one of those!! :biglaugh: Anita

Newbie here in Texas: got my email on 11/9/2007 -- sent order in same day.I'm getting a pretty well loaded Cabrio (Red/Black) -- ordered the (black) leather seats.Anyone know delivery date vs email / order date?This is gonna be fun. :yahoo:

Welcome, TexSmart! Congrats!As far as I know, the only info we have about delivery time is that the first smarts should be arriving at the beginning of the year.I do know that at the time of your confirmation there were at least 5000 confirmed orders according to Roger Penske or reaffirmations as he called them.It is indeed a fun time. :biglaugh:

Howdy TexSmart and Welcome to CsC!!Looks like all the reports say "delivery to begin in January 2008". I'll be more than happy to take delivery in January, if it happens that way. :doublethumb: I've been watching these cars for about three years now, and can't believe we're almost ready to take delivery!!Hope you enjoy this fun ride we're all on!See ya,wayne-o

Hey TexSmart,How's it Hangin Partner? Well you might be in for a bit of a wait, but we continue to chew the fat around here so you'll have plenty to keep you occupied. Welcome and getty up!Regina:)

Am I getting close????? Red Cabrio Reserved 4/20..... :) WI Vanity plate "My Smart" reserved I don't care what some may say..... any "red" convertible is better than no red convertible!!!!Amy :watchout:

Hi Amy,Well, back about 12 days ago, some of the folks who reserved on 4/3/07 and 4/4/07 were getting their 'big emails' so you potentially could see yours very soon. (Like within the next couple of weeks, I'm guessing.) :dunno: Good luck, and hope you see your email soon! :doublethumb:

Welcome, Amy.Yeah, your invite should be soon. I have a little more to wait as I reserved in May.

Is smart still sending out confirmation emails to finalize your orders with colors, interiors etc.? I’m curious. I made my $99.00 reservation, received my reservation number in May and haven’t heard anything since. Just curious if anyone here has made their $99.00 reservation past June that has actually received their confirmation email? Yes I have contacted smart directly and I get the cookie cutter email back stating they will be in contact with me. The email from smart also led me to believe that I may never get an actual confirmation email to finalize my order “online” but the possibility is there that a smart dealer would contact me directly instead.I’m confused and worried about getting my smart now. I’m starting to think that May 2007 a mere 60 days or so after the $99.00 reservation program was opened might be too late for a first quarter smart delivery. Perhaps this is just an Los Angeles area dealer thing that’s going on that I am unaware of.Just concerned that’s all. Seems a little late and too close to December not the have anything yet from smart other than my newsletters that I post here.Tim

Can't answer your question other than to say my reservation was made in March and I did my configuring a month ago. That's almost 6 months so you might still have a bit of a wait.

Why don't you give them a call at their toll free number?

1.800.smartUSA

I am sure they could help you out.

Best of luck

Hope you get better response than I got. Called twice, different time/date. I knew more from this forum than the people "answering" the phones.

I also reserved mine in May. May, 17th to be exact. I haven't received my confirmation to finalize email yet either. I'm not worried though. The last people on CsC who received the big email finalized on 11/9/07 and they reserved 4/4/07 according to this thread. We should be receiving our "big" emails soon enough.

And on another forum I found a couple people who reserved on 4/15/07 who got their finalization email on 11/26/07.

And on another forum I found a couple people who reserved on 4/15/07 who got their finalization email on 11/26/07.

The 11/26 configuration invitation brought the configuration process part way through 4/16. The rest of 4/16 will be in the next batch.Calling the 800 number won't help find out when you will be invited. They don't know. The 800 staff does not control invitations, or send them out. And the invitation windows and sizes, while scheduled, are adjusted based on response rates from the last groups response rate, holidays, and other operational needs. So predicting future timing becomes extremely difficult.As for being contacted by a dealer, you won't hear from them until after you configure your car. All reservation holder configurations will ultimately go through the online configuration process in use right now.

Thanks for confirming that, aphoenix. I had to dig for that and wasn't 100% sure of it's validity as it was not first hand knowledge.

:yahoo: I got my confirmation email today!!!!! My reservation date was 4/20. I'm taking a deep breath and will anticipate a quiet time on Saturday afternoon while I am being snowed and iced in to review and confirm my choices. It will be a good time to think about a red Cabrio and the sunshine and warmth of summer fun..... :race:

Glad to hear that they are still coming out with the emails. I guess we should be in the next batch in December/January based on what these threads are showing if you or anybody reserved in May. I will be sure that I post when I get it. There must be some method to this madness.Still excited and still hopeful. Still looking foward to my smart. Looking back this has been a very long wait from my first spotting one here in the US to reserving it to test driving it 3 times at the local smart tours. From reservation date till now seems like forever. I remember after making the reservation online that about a week after I made the reservation that everytime the phone rang at the office I would wonder if it was smart calling to confirm my order. That anticipation of 'The Phone Call' ended about a month after my reservation. Looking forward to driving it off the lot/showroom and taking some detours along the way and the bringing her home. :smirk:

Got my confirmation email on November 18 for my white/silver cabrio, after submitting my reservation June 18. I love my diesel so much tho I would like to keep both.....but if finances dictate I may have to sell to a visiting Canadian to take her home... :cry3: