Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harleyduo

How many have gotten the invite to place their actual order?

285 posts in this topic

June 18th??? I'm guessing that's a typo? As far as I know they haven't even finished April reservations yet.Cora Napple, would you mind checking that again for us?

:thanx: Thanks for the welcomes,

gotwavs, wayneo66, rrrucke, and Anita-In-KC

Anyone know who to contact about our order?

It's awfully quiet.

Hey there, TexSmart!I guess you could call the smart 800 number but I'd bet right now all you'd get is some canned response. I, as well as many others here, are waiting for this coming weekend (12/7, etc.) to see if something big gets announced in Washington DC at a road show stop that they are apparently "making up" for. I guess something went awry earlier in the year and Washington got re-scheduled or something. :dunno: I'm growing anxious, too, and had hoped to hear something from the dealer too. I was there for the special invitation event back in mid-September, and just figured I would hear something from them by now.Oh well, I'll give it till January then I'll really be chomping at the bit to find out something. :banghead: Happy Holidays! wayneo66

I got my email on Friday and confirmed yesterday! So for those of you keeping track....reservation date 4/20, confirmation email 11/30 :yahoo:

Top of my letter says..... From: "Customer Service (SmartCar)" etc. Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 3:49 PM Subject: Confirmation of reservation Then it goes on to list my confirmation number.

Huh, I guess they messed up. Thanks for checking. Congrats.Are the last four digits of your confirmation number 1299?

Last 4 numbers are 1192. Upon studying your list, my date should have been 4/04/07, or my number should have been 1264.....????? Maybe they made a mistake....but I think I'll overlook it......

Yeah, I don't think I'd call them and complain. :) Congrats again. Yeah, you're right it should have been 1264. I couldn't even decipher my own list. :)

Top of my letter says..... From: "Customer Service (SmartCar)" etc. Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 3:49 PM Subject: Confirmation of reservation Then it goes on to list my confirmation number.

An email with that subject means that confirmation was a resend of your original confirmation.

The automatic confirmations generated by the reservation system come from noreply at smartusa.com, with a subject of Your smart USA Reservation. You were invited in the correct group, based on your reservation date.

That makes sense.....been so long I couldn't remember, so I must have reserved on 4/7/07. Don't know why I received that June letter other than I must have lost/forgot the April one. Thanks! :oops:

According to the Customer Service rep on the other end of the 800-number those of us waiting on the list will be contacted no sooner than the last week of December 2007 by a dealer to place our order. She also said that no dealer has been formally announced.

According to the email below, after we confirm our reservation via the "Reservation Confirmation Program" we "will receive an official purchase agreement only from an authorized smart USA dealer as the final step prior to taking delivery of your smart fortwo"

The Customer Support representative indicated that no one had yet received that "purchase agreement only from an authorized smart USA dealer " Since no dealers have been formally announced.

As a side, she also said that she did not know if the notice from the dealer would be email, US post or phone.

I haven't seen anyone post their copy of a purchase agreement, nor have I seen posted a copy of a formal dealer announcement originating from SmartUsa, so I'll take her at her word.

So, in answer to the original post, and based on what I was told:

> How many have gotten the invite to place their actual order?

I have to think no one has. Many of us have, however, confirmed our reservations.

Matt

Reservation Confirmation Email (not Purchase Agreement or Order):

Dear <me>,

The U.S. arrival of the 2008 smart fortwo is getting closer everyday. The enthusiasm and anticipation surrounding smart has been tremendous and we would like to thank you for being an important part of it from the beginning. As one of the first customers to place a reservation, we are pleased to inform you that we may be able to deliver your smart fortwo during the first ninety days of 2008. For this to happen, you will need to finalize your reservation by verifying or changing your model and color choices, and by adding any options that you would like. It is important that you complete this process no later than October 15, 2007 to avoid any delays in the delivery of your smart fortwo.

smart USA has created the Reservation Confirmation Program that will provide you with exclusive access to specify your smart fortwo model and colors, add factory-installed options, update your contact information, and enable you to finalize your reservation. The Program, located at http://www.mysmartfortwo.com/, will also provide you with introductory pricing for your smart fortwo model as well as any factory installed options that you choose.

Your personal username and password to access this site are as follows.

Username: <my.email>

Password: <my.password>

Please keep this information confidential as they are the unique ‘keys’ used to customize your smart fortwo.

You will receive an email acknowledgement of your “finalized reservation” within 24 hours. Again, please make sure that you confirm your reservation by 9pm EST on October 15,2007. If you fail to do so, delivery of your smart fortwo will likely be delayed. Should you decide not to confirm your reservation, you can request a full refund of your initial $99 reservation by calling 1-800-smart-USA.

This Reservation Confirmation Program is not an offer to sell or a purchase agreement to buy a smart vehicle. You will receive an official purchase agreement only from an authorized smart USA dealer as the final step prior to taking delivery of your smart fortwo.

If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact us. Again, thank you for your continued passion and commitment to smart.

Kind regards,

Dave Schembri

President, smart USA

OK -- we (in U.S.) are waiting for a sales agreement with a TO BE DETERMINED dealer in our area:besides destination charge (est $650 ??) and sales tax (.0625X in TX) can there be any other surprise charges?(I guess dealer prep could be $2-300)What do y'all think?PS -- have the insurance companies rated this car? Has anyone got the insurance pinned down without a VIN #? :yahoo:

Matt:So, in answer to the original post, and based on what I was told: > How many have gotten the invite to place their actual order? I have to think no one has. Many of us have, however, confirmed our reservations.

I was glad to read this post as I was begining to wonder if I had missed something.Thanks. :thanx:

Matt:So, in answer to the original post, and based on what I was told: > How many have gotten the invite to place their actual order? I have to think no one has. Many of us have, however, confirmed our reservations.

I was glad to read this post as I was begining to wonder if I had missed something.Thanks. :thanx:
The reservation confirmation is the functional equivalent to placing your order. The vehicles are being ordered from Germany just as you configured them. A true 'order' as such can't be taken by smart USA, because that triggers all kinds of legal requirements in different states. The language (and process) is carefully tailored to avoid crossing those legal lines. After you have configured your vehicle, there will be a period of time that passes, and eventually you will be contacted by the dealer to execute the formal purchase agreement, and to arrange delivery.smart is streamlining the process somewhat, with corporate ordering all vehicles. Originally, the expectation was that the dealers would order the actual vehicles for customers, but they decided to shift that process, and keep it centralized for now.

The reservation confirmation is the functional equivalent to placing your order. The vehicles are being ordered from Germany just as you configured them. A true 'order' as such can't be taken by smart USA, because that triggers all kinds of legal requirements in different states. The language (and process) is carefully tailored to avoid crossing those legal lines. After you have configured your vehicle, there will be a period of time that passes, and eventually you will be contacted by the dealer to execute the formal purchase agreement, and to arrange delivery.smart is streamlining the process somewhat, with corporate ordering all vehicles. Originally, the expectation was that the dealers would order the actual vehicles for customers, but they decided to shift that process, and keep it centralized for now.
It was very smart to go that route. I think doing it any other way would have been a bowl of spaghetti instead of one noodle.

I read VinceS post today and was mad because I had not recieved the big e-mail. (ordered mine on April 29) So before I posted a reply and pretended to be happy for him, I decided to check my E-mail one more time AND THERE IT WAS! Now everything is better.

Got my invite today!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: Reservation date was May 19, 2007.Location: Los Angeles!

Good for you VinceS. :D Im happy for you. Glad to hear your in Los Angeles with me here and you got it. Hopefully mine will be in the next few weeks as a Christmas Surprise for me. Tim

Good for you VinceS. :D Im happy for you. Glad to hear your in Los Angeles with me here and you got it. Hopefully mine will be in the next few weeks as a Christmas Surprise for me. Tim

Hey Schmimbo - I just got my invite config. email today and you should soon get yours too. I reserved mine early May #1222. I now have until Dec 22nd to submit my smart config..... still deciding to get comfort package or not.

Oh, man. Now I'm all worried. :worried: I didn't get mine yet. I reserved on May 17, 2007. I guess I'll have to call the 800 number tomorrow. I checked franticly through my spam messages but no dice. :(Congrats to you guys though. :)