Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ASmartMan

G&K cruise control (Aftermarket)

81 posts in this topic

hi at all,very, very interresting to read all the statements. :thanx: please, dont't make more experiments.buy our cruise control by smartieparts.... it is the best aftermarket part for the smart you can buy. :lol: MDC

MDC, thanks for the great products! Now get the backorders done for Smartieparts on the stuff that's out of stock! Need my computer. :)--Donnie

As long as he is having fun with it, does it matter how long it takes, or how much it costs? Or even if it works in the end.MG

Oh I know....that's why the smily face!The amount of time I've put into moding my car is stupid...fun though! Dang

Does anyone know if there is any way to limit the speed of a 451 FourTwo to be legal within a retirement community using golf carts?

You could clog the EGR valve. :biglaugh: .....just kidding....If you "removed" the + on the shifter, it wouldn't go out of first gear. Not sure if that would really work though since the 450 I know actually shifts anyway if you rev it high enough, plus in the North America we get those stupid PRND shifters.The cruise has a limit feature, but you can't get that on a 451 either.....Might be possible to build something that kills the throttle above a certain speed. Bit of an odd request.....Later! Dang

Custom remap? If they can remove the limiting parameter it stands to reason that it can be modified.-Iain

Yeah, the cruise could be modified to do that. If there were a large enough order for it, I can probably make it happen. Not going to do it for a one-off though... so let me know if you're with the PGA ;)Otherwise, yeah a custom remap should do the trick. I think we're a long way off from that for the 451 though. - Steven