Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
idahosmart

G&K converted smart: Does your temperature show C or F?

G&K converted smart owners: Does your outside temperature display Celsius or Fahrenheit?   12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Don't Have a G&K
    • Celsius
    • Fahrenheit

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Does your instrument panel display Celsius or Fahrenheit for the outside temperature? My 2003 passion displays degrees Fahrenheit, but I have seen other ZAP/G&K converted cars that still show the original European Celsius temperature readings (yes I know the Canadian cars also show Celsius). Does anyone know if this can be changed by the owner, or does it require a reprogramming via the Star Diagnosis system? I am surprised that G&K did not change all of the converted smart cars to display Fahrenheit.Tom

There have been a couple of people in Canada that have managed to change the display (something to do with running the battery down while trying to start in cold weather). Another symptom was that the 5 litre fuel countdown disappeared. To correct it, the dealers had to do some reflashing with the Star equipment.How about adding a third option to the poll - "Don't have a G&K", so anyone curious can see the distribution of answers, without messing up your numbers?MG

Does your instrument panel display Celsius or Fahrenheit for the outside temperature? My 2003 passion displays degrees Fahrenheit, but I have seen other ZAP/G&K converted cars that still show the original European Celsius temperature readings (yes I know the Canadian cars also show Celsius).

Does anyone know if this can be changed by the owner, or does it require a reprogramming via the Star Diagnosis , I changed my instrument panel temp to F , using the star diagnostic , just a matter of finding temperature and clicking on F or C, leonard

post-3891-1188587373_thumb.jpg

How about adding a third option to the poll - "Don't have a G&K", so anyone curious can see the distribution of answers, without messing up your numbers?

Just click on "view results" - you don't have to vote to see the results.

Of all the markets that the 450 was officially exported to, which use Fahrenheit? I know the UK uses miles rather than km, but aren't they on the Celsius scale?I'm just curious who the Fahrenheit option was for.

Good point, the British do use a curious mix of metric and Imperialist ;) and degrees C is king in the land of the queen.

I recall that when I rented a smart in the good queen's territory, it displayed miles but temperature was in celsius. Of course I took this oh so useful picture of the dash display. :banghead: Makes me want to fly back there and do it right.

post-166-1188612044.jpg

Does your instrument panel display Celsius or Fahrenheit for the outside temperature? My 2003 passion displays degrees Fahrenheit' date=' but I have seen other ZAP/G&K converted cars that still show the original European Celsius temperature readings (yes I know the Canadian cars also show Celsius).

Does anyone know if this can be changed by the owner, or does it require a reprogramming via the Star Diagnosis , I changed my instrument panel temp to F , using the star diagnostic , just a matter of finding temperature and clicking on F or C, leonard[/quote']

Loenard, next time you are in the Norfolk or Virginia Beach area, let me know..I woul;d love to take you out to dinner and have you switch SCHMART to F.