Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kermit

Hit cat and had to get towed!!!!!

55 posts in this topic

The cat's revenge is going to come when the insurance adjuster reads the "120kph in a 80kph" admission :) - Steven

HELLO! I did not tell the adjuster I was slightly over the limit...I told them I was traveling at the speed limit...Why would I tell them that...:)

Umm... you just did :) This is a PUBLIC forum, afterall.Strathroy, ON... drives a smart... hit a cat... how many could there be? - Steven

.....and all the fluid came out...

I'm guessing all the fluid came out of the car, the cat and the driver. :biglaugh: Even though cats are somewhat squishy, I suspect if you through anything that heavy at 120kph at your car it would damage whatever it hit.Later! Dang

.....and all the fluid came out...

I'm guessing all the fluid came out of the car, the cat and the driver. :biglaugh: Even though cats are somewhat squishy, I suspect if you through anything that heavy at 120kph at your car it would damage whatever it hit.Later! Dang
I know, I know...I should slow down...but I think the same damage would have happened at 90kph...???

Thet don't make them like the used to. I whacked a full sized dog (weight maybe 50 kg) while doing 90 km/h in my old Peugeot 404 sedan...The dog died immediately of course but the car was absolutely undamaged. Considering the average cat is under 6 kg.......

I know, I know...I should slow down...but I think the same damage would have happened at 90kph...???

But if you were going 90, the cat would have crossed the road while you were several km away from the area. Kind of like schroedinger's cat, in a wierd, twisted way ... If the cat is crossing the road, and there are no cars around to hit it, or to not hit it, is it alive or dead...MG

I hit a racoon in my grand am and it did quite a bit of damage. Although it was all cosmetic since it did not hit anything important, such as the rad. Unless you plan to hit more cats I don't see why you ned to buy a bigger car.

I'm gonna guess the damage to the raccoon was more than cosmetic.As far as planning on hitting more cats, I'd say Kermit's gradually progressing to larger animals. Beware the cow.
ya... little bit.

I was going to say that had you hit a cait, the damage would have been much more serious ;)

I had the same thing happen when I hit a wolf. I managed to see it and was probably slowed to about 70 klicks when I collided.It tore up the fender and front grill, but also pinholed the rad, so it was off the road.My car was out of service for 2 weeks while being fixed but the wolf got up and left.Makes me want to get that front bumper gaurd.

Cat-catcher from mr. smartieparts. He's got a set on sale right now, IIRC

Bil :sun:

........................................Posted Image

Man, I'd like to get that for my 451! I can just hear the commercial slogan...

(deep voice) "...Cat-catcher... it's whats for dinner... also available for those nasty concrete parking blocks too..."

As a friend of the cat... anyone buying that bar with any hint of animal hatred gets a 50% surcharge! People are ok... vehicles are better... but love thy pet! - Steven

Cat-catcher from mr. smartieparts. He's got a set on sale right now, IIRC

Bil :sun:

........................................Posted Image

I wonder if you can paint that front bar to match the panels so it blends in better? Thanks, Regina

I wonder if you can paint that front bar to match the panels so it blends in better? Thanks, Regina

Blasphemy! lol

Ok, let me rephrase my previous statement... if anyone wants to buy this and wishes to paint it there will be a 500% surcharge!

It is GORGEOUS super-polished stainless steel with an almost mirror finish. That's the best thing about it - its beautiful finish! Yes, it stands out - but that's the point!! They really did a remarkable job with the polishing. Sometimes, I pull it out of the box... just to stare. Sad, but true.

- Steven

I would not be able to agree with you on this one Kermit. Every bit of speed changes everything. When I took different levels of first aid there was a set of speed rules that judged how you treat a patient on the road (to move him or not and how to move him) because it tells you what kind of damage level a human body has or could have received. I have taken WCB and other standards of survival and if speed is known it is used as is distance to a fall. You will notice that these numbers are important in an ER situation as well and are not told to the doctors just for something to do. Someone hit my 90 lb Shepard in a 50 to 70 zone (walking sign posted) (clear vision on highway) I ran out of my store when I saw it happen and got to her on the other side of the road and he was still slowing down to stop then. Parts were flying off his car and when he walked back I asked him how fast he was going, He was so stunned he could not say,,, only "I didn't see her" as she was breathing her last. If that was a kid there would have been more trouble then pieces falling off his car and me balling my eyes out but he probably still speeds today. The bystanders figured he was doing at least 90k and once my dog was removed by a friend no one bothered to check to see if his car was ok or if he needed help. If speed is your thing then it is but beware it does change everything including a claim because the insurance does not want to pay more then the road was posted for since the damage could have been less out of their funds. Anyway that is my two cents.

Wow, but why was your dog loose on a road with a 70 km/h limit?

Because she was very well trained and stayed in my store, She had 4 years of obedience schooling and for her to walk out to the road was not something she would do. I had customers and did not see her go. At any rate it was a good thing it was not a child, would we question why a kid was there when it had a pedestrian ruling or would we investigate the speed at which a person using the 50k rule on an open stretch of road could have stopped to avoid a 90 lb child especially when there were people all over the place going for a walk. 5 people were there when it happened and they all agreed they were so glad he didn't hit a person altho that was still such a sad happening. The vet said later she may have gone off because she was in heat... heres the thing, she was spayed. The vet said she had 4 ovaries and 2 were missed in the surgery, not common but it happens and it would explain why she went looking for some fun forgot her understanding and street smarts and got hit. I didn't know a female would go looking, I always thought the male was more apt to go looking for the female. After that event I called the cops on two guys doing what I figured was 100k on the same road with children on it, , they caught them 20 mins later at 130k and called me back to say thanks for the call and as well infront of my store I saw in 4&1/2 years, 8 dogs killed and 1 which lived the hit. Anyway this is starting to look like a hijacking of a thread. I only wanted to comment on speed and why I think it should be understood that it does measure with impact and damage.