Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kermit

Hit cat and had to get towed!!!!!

55 posts in this topic

The important thing to remember is that your pet (or child)'s fate is entirely in someone else's hands if you don't keep them in safe conditions/under contol at all times.It's a harsh reality, but that's about it.

Maybe I should have mentioned that this is a highway stretch that runs right through the middle a very small town with signs at both ends of the town and because there was only one store the kids tend to be all over the place in the summer especially. That is why the ruling of 50k when pedestrians where on the road. Funny thing is that all the dogs that were hit were hit at higher speeds and did cause some serious damage to some of the vehicles. none were hit by someone doing 50. Yes dogs should not be loose but it happens just like I seen kids all over the place because they don't look either.

you are right Mike but would you tell the judge that if you hit someones kid because the mom lost control of him while crossing the highway and you were doing 90 in a 50 zone? I think not, or else bring your tooth brush to court with you and leave the soap at home.

The point is that you (pet owner or parent) cannot control what heppens once the dog/cat/kid is off and running.

The point is that you (pet owner or parent) cannot control what heppens once the dog/cat/kid is off and running.

I'd have to agree. A dog/cat/kid could be hurt by somebody going the speed limit as well. This is not to say that speeding is ok; it always takes longer to stop while driving faster.