Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bates82

Wheels and Tyres

9 posts in this topic

Cool, those are the strike line wheels. In my opinion I would stick those ones in the front and go at least 16" in the back, maybe a bit wider to if you can find them. Theirs alot of gapage to fill in the rear fender vs the front. You'll have a sweeter look and better ride. But I like them...sweeeettt! :doublethumb:

Two problems there, they don't make 16" Strikelines, and if you stick back wheels on the front your wheel bearings will seriously buggered in a few monthsOh and a third thing, they would stick out way too far from your arches

It will bugger your bearings but not in months, 3 years minimum. Myself and Tiny have had silly size alloys on ours since day 1 and I only changed my bearings for the how2 on my site. They take 10 minutes to fit anyway so don't worry about killing them.Smart alloys seem to have a rake of different offsets so you never know, they may be rears that fit on the front, the "no rears on the front" was set in stone years ago, things change. There is a lot of play in the front arches plus the arch extensions.Don't believe anything unless you have tried it yourself.

I couldnt have said it any better myself! I totally agree! These days, theirs ALWAYS somthing out there...nothing is ever impossible.

It will bugger your bearings but not in months, 3 years minimum. Myself and Tiny have had silly size alloys on ours since day 1 and I only changed my bearings for the how2 on my site. They take 10 minutes to fit anyway so don't worry about killing them.Smart alloys seem to have a rake of different offsets so you never know, they may be rears that fit on the front, the "no rears on the front" was set in stone years ago, things change. There is a lot of play in the front arches plus the arch extensions.Don't believe anything unless you have tried it yourself.

TBH i'd rather not take the risk :rolleyes: