Matt A

TDC PowerBox

208 posts in this topic

Tolsen- That is true, but once you have a reMap done, this powerbox won't do much? In theory it should still increase the torque quite a bit but not much hp gain. 

Is anyone running a reMap and powerbox setup? How is it and what difference do you see from just having it run with just a reMap?

I will try to google more info about both being run on a smart car. But now it is time to make some coffee, back the work bag and start the first leg of the 170km drive

With the correct equipment, it only takes a minute or two to change maps on a cdi and can be done from the comfort of the driver's seat.

Power boxes or tuning boxes just connect between ecu and rail pressure sensor. All they do is tell ecu rail pressure is lower than specified hence ecu is fooled to increase rail pressure. Higher rail pressure means more fuel, more power and probably more smoke. 

Remaps essenially do exactly the same although there are a lot more parameters that may be played with. 

huronlad- that would be nice to tweak it without having to pay. I like the remap, more torque would be nice for a couple of the hills seems to just get by doing speed, at least it doesnt drop! But I know there are limitations with the car it is a .8L car after all.

The power box seems nice as you can dial it up or down quite easily, and they seem to give a heck of a lot more torque vs just a simple reMap.

I will probably stay status quo, don't want to harm the motor or stress it out to become unreliable. 

Remaps produce around the 95 to 100 lbs/ft of torque, similar to the powerbox numbers.  HP numbers are better with most of the remaps.

think I had wrong smart car...torque for the 05 is max 107 trq

Edited by BCsmart

The only member I know of who successfully ran a stacked (remap&powerbox)

smart was, Steve Willgoose. He's long gone from the site however, bil gladstone

said Steve's car was very scary it had so much power...:unsure:

interesting, I will have to try and find a thread about that old members car....to read about it if he made any posts that is