Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harleyduo

Accessories that SHOULD be available!

31 posts in this topic

Apparel will be available through the dealers sometime in the first quarter next year.

Then I shall be making a little extra room in my closet for some smart Smart duds. :doublethumb:

Some apparel is available now. I am currently working on a web site but am very computer challenged so it is taking forever. I do however stitch beatifully. Our club T shirts are 70% bamboo and 30% cottom for enviroment friendly same as our smarts. See the self promotiong way back a few posts to see our products. I know I know I have to post more pictures. I have to find models.New years resolution; Jake is working on a jacket, we have now a luggage cover but it is for the 450. so a cover for the 451 is next.We have to visit the states more often to get your imput.Digitize the 451 so you can have the new model. yes we actually put your car on stuff.Get the club to set up a bank account.. some of the money collected on club wear that says club smart car is put into a fund for club site upkeep. I hope.finnish the brochure /catalogueKaren

Here's my list:1. Cruise Control. 2. Armrest with integrated compartment box. 3. Bluetooth 4. Back up camera (not a must but would be nice)

Hello. On the topic of the cruise control. The one linked to above is not, in our opinion, suitable for the 451 for a couple reasons discussed here (external link).

As my signature indicates, we are developing a 451 cruise control and would love feedback on our site (see link in signature).

Some people asked "why" a cruise control would be desired on a smart car. The media in the US has really pinned the smart as being an intra-urban vehicle only, which is sad. The biggest fuel economy benefit of the smart is on the highway, as it is for most non-hybrid vehicles. Yes, it is an excellent urban vehicle, but if you are driving a long distance you will just save that much more fuel by using the smart if you can manage with it. Certainly if you have 8 large bags or more than one passenger traveling with you it won't be suitable, but that's the only size limitation of the vehicle. Reports claiming it "too small" for highway use is just fear mongering. The smart, as many reports will confirm, is just as safe on the highway as any other vehicle if not more so.

When we bought our in smart in FL in Dec 06 I drove it back to VA. That trip was a little over a 1000 miles which was made over a 2 day period. At that point I knew that I wanted/needed Cruise Control if we were going to use the smart to it's full potential. We use the smart for side trips as we full time travel in our RV and may drive a couple of hundred miles roundtrip to go visit a cool place without driving the RV. Smarti Yank installed a cruise for us upon our arrival in the Great Northwest this year. This is the only mod we have added to the smart since we bought it and would not be without it.Dennis