Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anita-In-KC

GOT MY INVITATION!!!

12 posts in this topic

I just got an email!! Invitation for 'reservation holders only' driving event!! You’ve been waiting for the smart to arrive in the USA…You’ve already made your reservation online for a 2008 fortwo…The “street smart” 2007 smart USA Road Show is coming to your city…Now it’s time to see your car up close and personal!Please join us as we host a preview of the new 2008 smart fortwo for Kansas City-area reservation holders. Enjoy this opportunity to speak with members of the smart USA team and learn more about this amazing vehicle. And don’t forget your driver’s license for an exciting test drive in the new smart fortwo. Please note, you must be 18 to drive and 14 to ride.The invitation only event is 10-6-07, and the general public event is 10-7 & 8 at a different location! OMG!!! I can hardly sit still!!!Hmmm...I was just wondering. I haven't seen a dealer assigned to the KC area yet. I wonder, since the 'reservation holder only' event is being held at Aristrocrat Motors (a dealer) if they will BE the smart dealer? I can't even think straight!!

Congratulations, Anita-in-KC!I got an invite a few weeks ago too, and I just attended the local dealer preview yesterday in my area. Everyone had a great time. At the event I went to, they had refreshments (hot dogs, chips, ice cream, soft drinks). I was kinda hoping they might be offering at least a Smart t-shirt or some giveaway thing, but I've not seen it yet, even when I attended the first test drive event over Labor Day weekend in another town.The dealer I went to was a Mercedes dealer, and they had artists conceptions of how the showroom is going to be modified to have one side be the Smart dealership, with room for about 5-6 Smarts on display indoors. I figure they'll have room outdoors for a few, so after hours lookers can check them out. And after the initial demand has been fulfilled, I figure their lot will also house a number of models available for sale.Anyway, I hope you enjoy your dealer event. I see that Kansas City is up for a road show stop on 10-7 and 10-8. Hope you can go to that also. That's what I did. The first roadshow stop for me was in Greensboro, NC, about 2 hours away from my home, and I went to it over Labor Day weekend. The main thing I can tell you is get there early, so you can get in line quick. When I went, we got there about 15 minutes before the test drives started, and we only had to wait in line for 30 minutes or so, but the line built up very quickly, and I heard some people later saying there was at least a 90-120 minute wait for a test drive. And this was at a busy shopping center parking lot, where we attracted a lot of attention.Congratulations again! Hope you have a blast!wayneo66

Thanks!! I can hardly wait now! The 'invitation only' event is Oct. 6th, at the Mercedes dealership in town. I'm assuming, from the wording of the email, that this is for the reservation holders only. The 'road event' is Oct. 7 & 8, at Oak Park Mall. Big shopping mall in the area. I'm assuming THIS is for the general public. Lots of traffic, so lots of interest. Of course, I'll try to go to everything! My son is going to take pictures. At the dealership event, I'll ask them if they are indeed the smart dealership. I better write my questions down between now & then. I know once I get that close to one...I'll go all goofy & forget all my questions!Anita

Anita,That's great you got your invite. By the way, get there early like Wayne said and also jump back in line after you test drive one of the cars. Just make sure to test drive both the cabrio & coupe. Smart doesn't mind and it helps you make the best informed decision IMO.Enjoy!Regina

Hi again Anita,I forgot to mention to you that at the local "reservation holders only" event that I went to yesterday, it didn't take long to overhear some of the folks in attendance being told how to go online and place their reservation at smartusa.com. For a little while, after arriving, I was thinking to myself, "Self, could all these people really be reservation holders?" And then it turns out that some were totally new to the Smart game.So, I could tell that they weren't exactly turning away the general public from our "invitation only" event, or telling them to just attend the Road Show events over 9-20 and 9-21 locally. :biglaugh: But, hey, I can understand wanting to show off this little car if they're going to be the local dealer. They want to line up future sales and generate all the buzz they can.Oh, and tell us what you've reserved for yourself too. I initially reserved a Red/Silver Passion Coupe, but I'll probably lean more towards the Blue/Black coupe, since I've seen the orange-ish looking 'red' that Smart has.Anyways, have a great time at all your test drives.See ya,Wayne

Yep...I figure the 'invitation only' is pretty loose! LOL!I've reserved a Yellow/Black Pure, with add ons of A/C and Radio. I'm a simple girl...don't need much! I like the other colors, but the yellow just stands out, and I kind of want to make sure I'm seen...know what I mean?? My son told me to 'think about it Mom...the way YOU keep cars, you'll be stuck with a yellow car for 20 years!' He's right! I'll wait to see the colors in person. Maybe I'll change my mind...maybe not. But that's what I've got right now. I just re-read Regina's reviews...I'll have to take notes with me...and give y'all a detailed report!!Thanks,Anita

Yep...I figure the 'invitation only' is pretty loose! LOL!I've reserved a Yellow/Black Pure, with add ons of A/C and Radio. I'm a simple girl...don't need much! I like the other colors, but the yellow just stands out, and I kind of want to make sure I'm seen...know what I mean?? My son told me to 'think about it Mom...the way YOU keep cars, you'll be stuck with a yellow car for 20 years!' He's right! I'll wait to see the colors in person. Maybe I'll change my mind...maybe not. But that's what I've got right now. I just re-read Regina's reviews...I'll have to take notes with me...and give y'all a detailed report!!Thanks,Anita

The thing with being stuck with the yellow for 20 years is that there have been a couple of people that have traded panels to get the colours they really wanted, but didn't get. If, after a while, you decide the yellow is not right for you, you have the option of buying new panels, or offering to swap with someone else.As for the reservation only invites, many Canadian owners have shown up for the test drives, and were not turned away.There supposedly wa a yellow/black in the tour near the begining, but there have been reports of it being in an accident on the first or second event.MG

That's something else, too. The only yellow Smart I've seen is the one painted on the tractor trailer that they have at the Road Show stops. I haven't seen a yellow one in person yet.

Yeah, I'm interested in the interchangeable panels. That'd be cool. Just like a girl, huh? "Hmmm...what color should I drive today??" LOL!! I really-REALLY like the Bay Grey & silver; or the Ruby & silver; but alas...not available. And the body style looks like it's changed, too.Well, I do like to be unique; and I've not heard of many people here reserving a yellow one. Bummer about the accident! Oh...'alledged' accident. I've seen other's pictures from the road shows, and there's a yellow in there every now & then. Maybe those were one of the other 2 - west or east. Well, I'm just going to go to the event, and enjoy myself. I won't get caught up in pointing fingers at non-reservation-holders. Heck, I'll just be glad to see one - touch one - in person! It's been a L-O-N-G time since 4-4-07 when I plunked down my $99!! Anita

Cool! Thanks so much for posting... I'm planning on driving down to KC and had already taken Oct. 8 off work. Great to hear the reservation holders only event is on Saturday as it will save me a day of vacation! Hopefully my invite email is in "the mail" too... if not I'll be calling them. Funny... I bought my first MINI just down the street from Aristocrat Motors at Baron MINI so I know exactly how to get there. Would be fate (or something) if they turn out to be the Smart dealer.Can't wait!Vlad

Congrats on the invite, Anita. It's so fun to go to the event to actually get to get in one. Please do post your thoughts when you get back from your test drive.Like Regina said , when you get done driving it, get back in line and drive it again. I think you get a better impression the second time. That way the fog has lifted in the noggin.About the yellow, I wonder if the accident was on the West Coast tour. Because they didn't have a yellow one and they had two white ones in Portland.

Finally got my private invite for Louisville this past Thursday....for next Thursday, only a weeks notice, but at least they called. The person who called actually had called me about an hour earlier asking for Heather, so when he called back he apologized for the mistake, saying he was just helping the dealer out, and the list was hard to read. In any event, he's reserved one too, and mentioned that there were only 147 on Kentucky's list. (whether that was an all inclusive state list, or just a louisville smart center area list, wasn't sure)