Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Overkll

ecoAUTO Rebate now available!!!

93 posts in this topic

So: on this form.For manufacture do we put Smart or Mercedes?For model My registration says smart C yet my bill of sale says pulse/coupe 2 door?Is it a manual or a variable transmission?Not really sure what a continuously variable transmission is?For engine size in all the literature it says 800 cc yet in reality it is 799 cc?This is a government form after all, everything has to be perfect?

Hi all,Have filled mine in and it is ready to go out in the mail - my sister received notification from the dealer in Vancouver where she bought hers that the rebate forms were available. So - what/how do we fill in - I filled mine in according to the list of eligible vehicles - so it came from Mercedes-Benz; it is a manual; Smart for Two cdi coupe (or cabriolet); and they list it as .8L on the eligible vehicles so that is what I called it. I also highlighted all the things they listed that had to be included - (i.e., name of the place where you bought it, vehicle number (on the purchase order and the registration order); the date; my name, etc. Just to make it easy for the folks dealing with the rebate process.I'm off to take mine over to the mail :yahoo: Therese (aka maxine)

Yippee!I'm going to try my photocopier at work tomorrow, but my contract looks like an 11 x 17 shrunk to fit on an 8-1/2 x 14.

As the ecoRebate centre is located in Calgary not Ottawa, I'm willing to bet we start to see some cheques roll out in a couple of weeks!

So: on this form.For manufacture do we put Smart or Mercedes?For model My registration says smart C yet my bill of sale says pulse/coupe 2 door?Is it a manual or a variable transmission?Not really sure what a continuously variable transmission is?For engine size in all the literature it says 800 cc yet in reality it is 799 cc?This is a government form after all, everything has to be perfect?

1)Smart2)ForTwo3)Manual4)A CVT uses pulleys like on a 10 speed bicycle, but way more complex.5)Yes, 799cc, but everybody rounds.6)Gov't :dunno: These are my guesses, what the gummit wants may vary.

1)Smart2)ForTwo3)Manual4)A CVT uses pulleys like on a 10 speed bicycle, but way more complex.5)Yes, 799cc, but everybody rounds.6)Gov't :dunno: These are my guesses, what the gummit wants may vary.
Well mine is in the mail already, guess time will tell if i answered correctly :dunno:

But for all your doubting, they'll probably mail you a cheque in November 2008 made payable to Thomas.***(Not related directly to the post I'm replying to...)I am dumbfounded at the amount of negativity and criticism these $2000 cheques receive.... it kinda makes me wish they hadn't bothered.... In a way, I would find it much better that they scrap all these rebates and incentives, and just start applying a $0.25 carbon tax to every litre of fuel... the States should do it too. Let's just get on with it and have people pay the real price.And no stopping there... homes should also be subject to a carbon tax, based on the sq ft.(EDIT: SPELLING)

One time incentives (on purchase price) reward people who buy several cars per year....which is the wrong message.

what if you purchased in '06? the model year is eligible, but not the purchase date? how does that work? any ideas on this?

It works. You either bought it after the effective date, or you didn't. If you didn't, you're SOL.

I mailed mine October 1st at 7pm. It should be there by now. Just for kicks I phoned the ecoAuto hotline yesterday and spoke to a guy who said that he thinks that they "only have a few so far", but still said that estimated time to receive the cheques is 4 to 6 to 8 weeks. I'm REALLY hoping for an end of month payout...I could use the cash before November 1st.

Having bought an '05 used, I'm not eligible for the rebate... but I'm with smartzuuk on the carbon tax comment. Interesting idea about applying it to houses-- you're right, people buy way more house than they need, just as they do for cars. My house isn't as small as my car, but it did ace the EnerGuide assessment for a place it's age. So, I have to say I agree with that too both in principle and in reality.

Smartzuuk - I don't think people are negative on receiving the rebate, they are just negative on how long government takes to do something like this. It took over 6 months to produce an application form.By the way, I think you get the prize for the first to get the rebate. No doubt you included the rebate amount in the price you paid for your "new" smart. You got the rebate before the application form was posted!

I got the rebate equivalent on fuel savings, before the actual rebate program was announced ;)