Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gidget

WINTER TIRE CHANGE/ CALGARY SMARTIES

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,Quick question regarding the upcoming, and dreaded, winter tire change over.Best models for winter tires and location to buy/best deal?When would you recommend the change over to occur? If you change them yourself, as with oil, does it void the warranty at all?Thanks ya'll!Gidget

No it does not void the warranty, shop around there are lots of threads on winter tire packages.

Hey guys,Quick question regarding the upcoming, and dreaded, winter tire change over.Best models for winter tires and location to buy/best deal?When would you recommend the change over to occur? If you change them yourself, as with oil, does it void the warranty at all?Thanks ya'll!Gidget

Check the Flying Tiger post in Self Promotion. Hard to beat.I change at the first snow...two weeks ago ;)I recommend you change them yourself. That way you know how if you need to. Don't ask how I know that :sniffle::encore:

Putting mine on this weekend. The spikelines are great, but are pretty much slicks in the winter. Drove through Rogers Pass last weekend in the snow. Not fun.It's great it you have a second set of rims with winters. Then you can just change the tires yourself. Later! Dang

Putting mine on this weekend. The spikelines are great, but are pretty much slicks in the winter. Drove through Rogers Pass last weekend in the snow. Not fun.It's great it you have a second set of rims with winters. Then you can just change the tires yourself. Later! Dang

I just went through Rogers Pass yesterday with blizzaks, and it still was not much fun. :-)No problems with traction (only saw the traction control light a couple of times), but lots of slush, a couple of messy accidents to get around, and one tiny rock chip in the windshield. With summer tires, I think I would be camping rin Revelstoke about now.MG