Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harleyduo

Seeking reports from those who 'drive by' new dealerships?

8 posts in this topic

Undoubtedly, there have to be some purchasers of the new Smart cars who actually live near the NEW dealerships that will be handling our cars.Since we all seem to be eager for even the slightest of 'news' of any kind of progress, I was wondering if perhaps those of you who live near or drive by the NEW dealerships could perhaps clue the rest of us in when you notice any 'changes' happening at those dealerships, such as workers actually being inside, or lights being on with people doing some sort of business, etc.Those of us who live HOURS away from the nearest dealership, have no way of knowing how things are coming along and might feel 'encouraged' if every so often we could read about something actually happening to make the dream become an eventual reality.Anyways, it would work for me.

HD,I'll drive by my Edison dealership to see how they are coming along since the Smart Invitational. I may even take some pixs. I'll let you know what I find out.Thanks...and keep breathing. Don't forget the olde saying, "If you build it...smarts will come!"Regina:)

I drove by the Bloomfield Hills, MI location yesterday. Construction continues as before. There is a new front on the building, all of the former Toyota dealership doors have been bricked up and there are still construction workers inside the building. The Penske Automotive Group employees are still working out of temporary office trailers parked out back. There were several smarts parked out back as well - one blue, one silver, one black. There could have been others, but it's not easy to see back there when there is a big truck coming up behind you!I didn't see the two beige smarts that had been reported earlier, athough my wife told me she saw one Thursday while she was on her way home from work. Beige? I can't even imagine that color on a smart. I wanted to get a photo, but as they weren't in evidence when I was there I couldn't. :sorry: I'll keep my eyes peeled for them.

I drove by the Bloomfield Hills, MI location yesterday. Construction continues as before. There is a new front on the building, all of the former Toyota dealership doors have been bricked up and there are still construction workers inside the building. The Penske Automotive Group employees are still working out of temporary office trailers parked out back. There were several smarts parked out back as well - one blue, one silver, one black. There could have been others, but it's not easy to see back there when there is a big truck coming up behind you!I didn't see the two beige smarts that had been reported earlier, athough my wife told me she saw one Thursday while she was on her way home from work. Beige? I can't even imagine that color on a smart. I wanted to get a photo, but as they weren't in evidence when I was there I couldn't. :sorry: I'll keep my eyes peeled for them.

Schmart,I wish we had a write up with pixs for every dealership. Cool information indeed!Thanks,Regina

I went by Acura of Seattle at South Center last Sunday and the smart area looked no more smart-ish than it did when the road show was there. I thought that they might have had a sign up by now.

Mine is still being built, but they are moving along quickly with it, there is at least the shell of a building, where 2 weeks ago there was nothing. My digital camera has decided enough is enough and died, hopefully I can get it working some time soon and post some pics.