Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a2jack

Smart On TV this Sunday Oct 7th.

13 posts in this topic

Bloomfield Hills Michigan: A CW network film crew was filming at the PAG/Smart HQ last week. They were shooting a segment to air this Sunday night at 7:pm EST. Last Sunday CW ran a short preview of the upcoming show with all the stars driving around in their Smart cars.It will be on Cable, and Satellite in the US and Canada. The CW net also runs "over the air" on chan 20 in this area.A2jack.PS. Also see "Missing Yellow Cab Found" this forum.

Author, thanks for the info. :thanx: Now if I can get my wife :comfort: to let me watch it I will be a happy camper.

Hi all,I can also confirm this broadcast. Last Sunday I was watching this "CW Now" because of a2jack's prior posting, and they 'teased' the 10/7 broadcast of "CW Now" and a segment on the Smart contained therein.In our area, it is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET, on WJZY, ch. 46, in Charlotte, NC.

Bloomfield Hills Michigan: A CW network film crew was filming at the PAG/Smart HQ last week. They were shooting a segment to air this Sunday night at 7:pm EST. Last Sunday CW ran a short preview of the upcoming show with all the stars driving around in their Smart cars.It will be on Cable, and Satellite in the US and Canada. The CW net also runs "over the air" on chan 20 in this area.A2jack.PS. Also see "Missing Yellow Cab Found" this forum.

What is CW?Where is the PAG/Smart HQ?

Hi Matt,The new "CW Network" was formed the other year as the two U.S. television networks known as UPN and "The WB" decided to merge together.Smart USA is part of Roger Penske's UnitedAuto Group Inc., a public dealership group in suburban Detroit (Bloomfield Hills) that is the sole U.S. distributor of the ForTwo minicar.

Thanks for sharing this a2jack. it's also airing in SoCalifornia at 7PM PST channel 5 (San Diego)

Well my boss (wife) allowed me to watch the very very short segment on the Smart Car on the CW. She even watched it. :doublethumb: I was somewhat disappointed :sniffle: as it was very short and did not show any interior shots. The 6' 3" guy in the back was impressive though.The crash test with the Mercedes was impressive.The segment was really geared to teenagers, in my opinion. :dunno:

True, the CW net is youth oriented, but even FORTUNE mag thinks the smart is a trend, calling it:" the strangest, the most citified and potenially hippest car introduced in the US since World War II". (See post on Roger Penske, this board, gen discussions.)PS. Wife liked the 6'3 guy in the trunk too. He was the the one who give her all the info on broadcast times. :smitten: A2jack.

Most , if not all, US network sites generally won't allow IP addresses from outside the US to view anything more than previews.

Well that blowz!!! it's only available to viewers in the U.S. :sniffle:

that's a bummer. you didn't miss that much anyways. maybe go to http://www.cwtv.com/ and click on view full episodes.
Same thing, US residents only.....oh well