Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1983JZR3W

Smarts in Jacksonville, Fl.

11 posts in this topic

Just curious if any other people from northeast Florida are going to be at the Jacksonville Landing to test drive a Smart? I plan to be there first thing Friday morning. :yahoo:

Hi Regina, thanks for the welcome. I do plan on enjoying my first time in a Smart. I have actually seen one only once and it was from Nova Scotia and passing through town.

I dont know how some of us did not get the memo that there would be a testing of the fortwos at the Town Center. I went I drove with no waiting period. Then I pestered my wife to come an see them. She had said they were ugly and too small, so she was not too enthusiastic of me going to test one. well I'm 6'3" and have a long torso.. and weigh in at... well lets say I'm in the 280-290 area. BUT I FIT!!!!!!!!! and no head rubing the roof either. take that csion, prius, camry, etc etc. I'm buying one as soon as I get my hands on it and when the Brabus version comes out, My daugter will get this one and Daddy will get a turbo smart... Oh I love it. :smitten:

Welcome Sato7 to CsC. It's nice to hear folks still falling hard for the smart! I also love your idea of passing your future smart onto your daughter when you get the Brabus. Hopefully your wife will change her mind once you take her for spin. So when did you reserve your smart and what are you getting (color, trim line, etc)?Talk with you soon,Regina

I reserved a long time ago, it was I think the very day they came out with the reservations. anyway I've been a Smart nut since I saw the prototipes going around Europe (Italy). in the late 90s. I fell in love with its simple charm and unpretentious manner. The perfect vehicle for moving about. Why does everyone get on the smarts case saying it ONLY seats 2... so does almost every sports car out there! If you need a people hauler get a van or a bus. YES I know the fortwo is not a SPORTs car to many but ive had more fun driving a simca or a fiat 500 then many muscle cars. its not the shear power that some people look for, its like in the VW bug (another great), its having fun driving its squeezing that little extra out of a small engine that makes it a thrill and a challenge. a Mustang Saleen will run out of road in seconds while the small micros like the Smart will entertain with every turn of the wheel.Oh the wife confesed last night that she fealt the Smart was bigger than she thought and was actually cute (women!) that means I'll be crusing Florida next year in a very SMART car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doublethumb:

I have my eye on a blue body with black trim passion. I will be customizing the interior myself, radio will last two days, a 7" touch screen dvd/gps/sirius head unit will take its place center stage. a small class a amp with mb quart speakers will make it all sound devine. the rest will be Clasified ;)

I dont know how some of us did not get the memo that there would be a testing of the fortwos at the Town Center. I went I drove with no waiting period. Then I pestered my wife to come an see them. She had said they were ugly and too small, so she was not too enthusiastic of me going to test one. well I'm 6'3" and have a long torso.. and weigh in at... well lets say I'm in the 280-290 area. BUT I FIT!!!!!!!!! and no head rubing the roof either. take that csion, prius, camry, etc etc. I'm buying one as soon as I get my hands on it and when the Brabus version comes out, My daugter will get this one and Daddy will get a turbo smart... Oh I love it. :smitten:

You said the Smart tour was at the Town Center. I did my test drive at the Landing downtown. I was not aware of two road tours in town this weekend. I was interviewed by Dan Scanlan of the Times-Union. He drove just a bit before I did. I know him from the local car shows. He seemed very impressed with his drive in the Smart Cabrio. I really enjoyed the road tour, but was disappointed they did not have a yellow car to see.

Was on Thursday. I received an Email with the change. How was your drive (Z06-LITE)? I got to drive a couple of times due to a slow down in the crowd. My first impresion, which parallels that of my wife, was that the tranny does not creep like an Auto one, its silly but it takes you by surprise the lack of action when releasing the brake pedal. secondly as you take of and modulate the accelerator the car does not role freely. I know the tranny is not automatic.. but they dont tell you this quirk. People have to remember that first impresions last forever and could eroneously tinge a persons opinion. I did not like the ride in the Smart car... the first time. than when my wife got there I drove again, her in one and me in another. This time I was saluted by the Smart passenger "ha" He belongs to a driving school for racing, So I thought heck I'll drive it like its stolen (or a rental). well I loved it. It seems you cannot be shy with the throttle and as I floored it a couple of times the car seemed happier and lots of fun. Let me tell you if I had not taken that second test drive I may have started looking for something else to buy!And Yes I too would have liked to see a Yellow one too!