Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roadsofa

Blackie, Alberta

20 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone that answered my questions in the last few weeks. I made the decision and purchased a Smart Car. :yahoo: My husband and daughter flew to Vancouver and drove it home for me. I think that was a mistake though, as my husband bonded with the car. I had trouble prying the keys out of his hands. It is a 2005 Pulse. It was originally black on black, but I think this color is very appropriate for the season.

post-4430-1191994122.jpg

Roadsofa,Welcome and let your husband know there is an intervention department on this site. They will send someone over very soon to help him realize the car is yours. Have plenty of tissue and well meaning hugs at the ready. Nice having you onboard.Regina:)

Hi, Roadsofa! Welcome to CsC! I like your car - a lot! You don't have to contact Regina for an intervention, though. I'll do it for you. 'Course, then someone would have to intervene so you could get your car back from me! :lol:

Enjoy your smart!

Roadsofa,Be careful of Bruce, he was neglected as a child and has problems sharing with others. He doesn't know this but we put up with him anyway. He's harmless if you keep an eye on him and two on your car!Regina:)

Regina! I'm surprised at you! Bad Smartie! :scowl: No Cabrio! :scowl: You shouldn't go telling tales like that. Not until I've had a chance to demonstrate their truth, anyway! :lol: Again, Welcome Roadsofa. We're not nuts, just fun loving! :joker:

Hi Roadsofa, welcome to CsC and the wonderful world of smart ownership... and threats by those who don't yet have their smarts. Just this morning, my chiropractor threatened murder because he has discovered that there were no new smarts for sale in Canada right now and he can't get a used one for what I paid two weeks ago! So, I'm afraid such humour is par for the course for smart owners... luckily, it's just one more reason smarts make us smile :)P.S. Love the colour! It looks like a grinning pumpkin

RoadSofa,Bruce is nuts and all of us are fun loving. Enjoy the site and again, please keep an eye on your smartie. If this strike persists, some may be encouraged to head north to snatch some beloved (currently owned) smarts.Take care,Regina

Whoever owned it before me painted it. We bought it from Autolease BC in Surrey. They told me that is was a repro. I feel sorry for the person that lost it. I think they must have done something to it - like horse power stuff, because it sure goes. I tested it today to see how fast it would go, I thought that these cars wouldn't go faster than 135 km, but i will tell you if that speedo went higher than 140, i am sure i was hitting 150. and it was SMOOTH. I even punched her at the lights, and she took off, shocked me to heck. I wish i knew the history of her. I'm taking her in next week for her Out of province inspection, maintenance, transfer the warranty, and order some owner manuals as she didn't come with any.

Welcome Roadsofa!! Yes, I have to agree...AWESOME color!! In fact, I'm hoping you think imitation is the highest form of flattery...because when I get my new 451...I'm having the body panels painted that color!! It's just too dang good to pass up. Truly unique & original. If you ever get to KC...look for your long-lost twin!!Anita

That's a great colour combo!I hope to meet you at one of the Alberta smart get togethers. Dang

Hey and welcome to the club!

Everyone is right so far - and I'll be a bit more repetitious in stating that that is a great colour!

Looking forward to hearing how your driving experience goes -- speaking of seasons best be looking for some winter tires... its SO cold over here in Ontario - mind you I can't keep my body heat. Anyways.... we always love seeing photos too :) And don't forget that you can submit photos for the banner that runs at the top of this screen. If you need help with this, feel free to message me :)

Take care, Jillian

Welcome Roadsofa!! Yes, I have to agree...AWESOME color!! In fact, I'm hoping you think imitation is the highest form of flattery...because when I get my new 451...I'm having the body panels painted that color!! It's just too dang good to pass up. Truly unique & original. If you ever get to KC...look for your long-lost twin!!Anita

Thank you. Another thing that I like about the color is that you can see me coming for a mile.

I got the Out of Province inspection done yesterday at LoneStar and the car passed everything. also got a service done and bought a set of floor mats.I would recommend a set of Smart floor mats. They are nice.