Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Rog Man

Webasto Diesel Heater

30 posts in this topic

Here are the pics of the Webasto installed. I had to replace some of the clips anyway.I know the pics are not that good, but it is the best that I could do.You can see the fuel filter beside the heater, to give you an idea about the size. post-6868-1319949183_thumb.jpgThe unit is bolted to the floor. The heater is plumed in through the heater core line as a bypass (run in line with the heater core). The heater fuel pump and filter is visible below and teed into the return line inside the engine compartment.post-6868-1319949183_thumb.jpg The wiring can be plumbed through the grommet by the battery for convenience, and routed to the timer where ever you place it. If you have access to a lift, you can install it using the instructions on their website.Right now they have a special on the Webasto heater (without install) for $900. This is with the timer, general hookup hoses, fuel pump and wiring.Robert

post-6868-1319950236_thumb.jpg

just to clarify these webastos do work, they make starting a cold engine real easy( well on busses they do any way)

I have a chance of buying a Webasto tsl17 today from a private seller that has a new in box unit & is asking $400.... <_< We'll see....right now I have an AC outlet parking at work but that may change soon, if this is the real deal I don't think I'll pass it up.

WooHoo, just as described new in box!I offered $300 but he just sniggered....when he first posted it in Oct he was asking $800.Couldn't pass it up, Merry Christmas to Me! :P