Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

smart house in California

22 posts in this topic

This is the best PR move Smart has made. The Venice beach scene has been the "In Hotspot" for decades. If Smart can tie into this, they will grab a large peice of the youth market across the US and Canada. Smart on Speedway? Speedway is the name of the huge walkway (skateway) that runs along the beach and an area where some of my well spent youth was enjoyed. Back in the day (well before my day :biglaugh: ) It was a wooden race car track where Barney Oldfield set records.Hardly a week goes by that this scene is not depicted on TV or in the movies. It will be a PR winner for our little car.I can see it now: a yellow cabrio, stuffed with surfboards and cute guys and bunnys hanging out.Bravo Smart ! :yahoo:

Sweet. Think I will stop in tommarow on my bike ride in Venice/Marina Del Rey area.Now I can get my temp fix until I actually revieve my ordered smart.:)

Smartissimi. According to the sign on the door it just opened yesterday. I see they have a yellow/silver Euro mounted up on the building :smitten: Looks great ! For some new pix go to: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums - A2Jack

A2Jack,Would you kindly post the exact link to the pixs. I'm short on time and can't cruise through another forum. Thanks, Regina

Regina.Smart America has many LA posters. Expect to see more pix every day.Just click the link go down to "Smart house" click. OR Smart Car news and Rumors, then click the Smart house.It's well worth the extra click.A2jack. PS. Went back again and tried to link right to the photos. No luck. urls are too long to type. How do I move a url to this site without typing it all out by hand ?

cut and paste it, using the URL button at the top of the reply box....that way the URL shows up as whatever short descriptive abbreviation that you give it.

I see they're teasing us with a yellow pulse on those gorgeous wheels.....

Yeah, that's not right. They should have the 9-spoke wheels we're getting on the passion.

Not only are the wheels gorgeous, but the tires on those wheels are the "proper" width for very good roadholding.....another thing the North American versions will be lacking.

Yes, I love those chrome 6-spokers on that yellow one. Too bad we couldn't get them on ours. Maybe later.......

By Nia Tahani DavisMove over Mini Cooper, there’s a new compact in town. If you have eyes and leave your home more than twice a week, you’ve probably caught at least a fleeting glance of a smart® car, a souped up golf cart-like mobile that’s street- and freeway-legal. This practical vehicle, the brainchild of Mercedes-Benz and Swatch watches (and the answer to the Hummer epidemic) now has LA digs in Venice. As of October 11th, smart® has opened an airy, three-story showroom and art exhibition space on Abbot Kinney, aptly named smart® house.Last Thursday’s “housewarming” party was the first of a series of events celebrating the work of local and international artists. It was also a preview for the two-seater, rear wheel drive smart® fortwo, a spunky new addition to the smart® family. The convertible will set you back about $17,000, a reasonable expense for the purse and pocket, not to mention one that gives the gift of more parking options.

Smartissimi. According to the sign on the door it just opened yesterday. I see they have a yellow/silver Euro mounted up on the building :smitten: Looks great ! For some new pix go to: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums - A2Jack

A2Jack,Would you kindly post the exact link to the pixs. I'm short on time and can't cruise through another forum. Thanks, Regina
Here's the actual link. http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/smart_inf...se_20071015249/

A very well written article and he drove the 451. Didn't think it would be suitable for America.

How's this for a quote:

''The problem isn’t so much the size of the vehicle as the utter ineffectiveness of the three-cylinder engine, which could barely power an espresso grinder, never mind a car.''

It's a good thing he didn't drive the diesel version :biglaugh:

Story can be found here!