Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pwven

HI to all

19 posts in this topic

I am new to this forum. It is very active and the information on it is great. I will be placing my order for a new Smart in about 3 week time when the spec,s and pricing becomes available here. Thanks for all the good reading on this forum.pwven

Let me be the first to welcome You to this illustre and friendly forum.

I'm from Sweden, Scandinavia and CsC gets more and more International.

Again, Welcome :comfort:

Yours CcL

:welcome: Welcome to CsC! A red Passion sounds quite lovely, and I'm sure you'll find quite a few people here who will also be waiting for their new 2008 smart! As I'm sure you've noticed, you'll find lots of information on the car, and a friendly community to chat with. Are there many smarts in South Africa? Or will the 2008s be the first introduction of the car there?

Thanks for all the welcomes. The Smarts has been for sale here in South Africa for at least 6 years and there are many of them running. The new second generation Smart will be for sale end November / urly December this year. The models and specs will be available in two to three weeks time.pwven

wow so far yet so close. if you get my meaning.Do they also say 'eat the red ones last' when referring to the candy smarties. It's a joke here and the red ones always try to be first at cruises.Karen

Welcome pwven! May you enjoy many hours in the forums!We went to buy a blue cabrio, saw the ruby-red/silver coupe in the showroom, and that was all she wrote! No talk of panel changes here.

Welcome Pwven to CsC. You hail from far away lands but it's wonderful to have you onboard. So where in South Africa are you from exactly? My ancestors are from Africa and I hope one day very soon I'll be visiting that beautiful land.Take care and see ya on the boards,Regina

I stay about in the middel of South Africa in a small town called Danielskuil. It is about 165 KM form Kimberley. Cold in winter and very hot in summer.pwven

Cold in winter and very hot in summer.

Hey, that describes Ottawa perfectly! Just how cold/hot does Danielskuil get? In Ottawa, we get more than 60C temperature variation from summer to winter. In winter, there are always a couple of days down near/at -30C (plus windchill) during a bad cold snap, and in summer we go to 33C or more (plus humidity). Lets just say, people don't choose to live in Ottawa for it's comfortable climate :biglaugh:

In the winter it gets down to -5C on ave with a max of -8C and that is cold for us. In the summer it gets uo to +40C for days and the max we had was 44C. pwven

OK, so our definitions of "cold" differ!! Your climate, then, is similar to that of Canberra, Australia. They didn't hit 40C that often when we lived there (1970s), but since Ottawa's noticeably hotter in recent years, I suspect so too are other places. Winter daytime temps were around 0C/-1C. I just remembered that a then-classmate who'd moved from Zimbabwe (then, Rhodesia) saying that the climates were similar... although you're further south and west. (I Googled your town!). I do hope that it's dry heat... 40C + humidity would be torture.

Your weather there sounds alot like Kamloops bc. can get into the 40s in the summer and as cold or colder in the winter. We'll see how Olive Oil handles the cold, better then me I hope.

Looks like you still have some time to wear your short sleeve shirts and shorts! Long sleeves for us here in Ontario, Canada!Welcome to the club pwven! I look forward to the day where we might see photos of your new smart up here. Until then enjoy your day and time spent here on CsC!Jillian

post-359-1192721883.jpg