Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoontobeSmart

From UK Royal Society: climate change "misleading argum

17 posts in this topic

I know I have posted A FEW topics regarding global warming. In response, a couple of posters here have decided they have liscence to attack me.

This post is intended as purely informational, and I'd appreciate it if personal attacks on myself were left out.

The Royal Society of the UK is one of the worlds most prestigious scientific academies, with 1400 of the worlds most eminent scientists in membership.

They count Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, Ernest Rutherford, Christian Huygens, Lord Kelvin, Thomas Huxley, Edward Jenner, William Herschel, Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud, Fred Hoyle, Richard Dawkins, and Stephen Hawking among their past and present membership.

The reason they give for providing this "overview" is

"to help non-experts better understand some of the debates in this complex area of science. "

It is, in essence, a response to the deniers and liars.

The reason I provide it is because I believe Smart owners can be among the best ambassadors of climate change awareness, and so they need to be armed with the facts.

Link:

http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/page.asp?id=6229

There is a further link to a pdf of the full society report located on that webpage.

thx.

Nice, but it's totally in the wrong forum! Should be in community chatter.....

The reason I provide it is because I believe Smart owners can be among the best ambassadors of climate change awareness, and so they need to be armed with the facts.

Well you're wrong, because we drive smelly Diesels thousands of kilometres across our great land.Try your luck with the pot smoking forums, I'm sure they are planting all sorts of things that can clear up our problem.Thanks for coming out!-Iain

off topic.

More than that. Ignorant and insulting. If this forum had half the moderation most do, personal flame-bait like that wouldn't be polluting the place.

Well you're wrong, because we drive smelly Diesels thousands of kilometres across our great land.Try your luck with the pot smoking forums, I'm sure they are planting all sorts of things that can clear up our problem.Thanks for coming out!-Iain
Try not to post personal attacks on me, thx.If you will be honest, you will acknowledge (without sarcasm) that Smart owners are among the best ambassadors of climate change awareness. I bought my Smart for that very reason, and I'm very educated on the issue.

:snooze:

The information I've provided here is useful to people who are inundated with the false information and misrepresentation of information so prevalent in our media due to agenda-driven special interests.The Royal Society has no agenda beyond the truth. Posting a "snooze" emoticon is a blatent attempt to troll/hijack this informational thread. If you have an objection or a comment, that's great. If not, why post something clearly designed to antagonize?

I just bought a Hummer H2 with a petrol V8.

By the way, this wasn't meant as an insult or anything to instigate. Just a tongue in cheek quip meant to keep things light hearted. I apologize if this was taken the wrong way, and I assure you that I wasn't trying to insult or attack :) Sorry for hijacking your thread on what is ultimately an important issue :)[/olive branch]