Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hotrod

hitch installation

7 posts in this topic

the search is not being nice to me.. i heed some info on how to remove the rear panels so i can install my hitch, also the instructions for wiring it up..mine didnt seem to come with instructions (or i may have been too excited to see them)

Note: use extra caution when removing the rear for the first time: rotate the skinny fender bits slowly and carefully toward the rear before pulling outward to remove. Otherwise you risk breaking one or more of the white buttons onto which the keyhole slot fits.You will need a "European adapter" to wire the trailer lights properly. Instructions will come with that kit ($60-100) from any hitch shop or RV supply.Slow and easy, cousin!Bil :sun:

woops, i forgot to post, i have my instructions, was an email mixup. its all set, and i'm happily towing my new atv all over town :D

you might have to add me as a friend to see it, as i havent quite mastered facebook yet. but if you can see that album, has all the pics from my installation, and the day after.. also the axle weights are in the desacrption of one of the pics..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3658...mp;id=504322994

nice pics! an bit more snow you can always put the smart on the trailer and tow with the atv!