Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bero58

smartis

21 posts in this topic

Hallo smartis,my name is Bernd from Berlin in Germany. I work from one of the biggest smart center at the world in Berlin as a master mechanik. I am on search to a smart dealer in the Usa wich can speak german,because my english is not good enough for a big interview.I hope someone of you can me help.I would like to work for sometimes for smart in the States.Many thenks for your help.For more information, please contact me at mail.Bernd :thanx:

Hallo!

You might want to decide where in the USA you would prefer to work. The dealers are just being announced and you can find a list here! Maybe you can find a match.

Good luck!

Welcome Bernd!

On the smartUSA website there is an address to apply to smartUSA. I'd love to have a smart expert like yourself at my local dealer here in Michigan, who is also the smart USA HQ. You can go to www.smartusa.com and click on FAQ. Scroll down to the last question and click on it. The address to send your resume to will pop right up.

If you're not interested in Michigan then follow smart142's advice and pick out where in the U.S. you would like to work from the dealer's list and send your resume there.

Best of luck to you! :doublethumb:

Hi Bernd and welcome to CsC! Good luck with your search and I would recommend you select a warm area like Virginia Beach. Hopefully, Schmart (our CsC - USA Director) can give you some pointers on getting in contact with them. However, if you prefer a snowy state, than Michigan is as good a state as any.See ya on CsC and keep us posted if something pans out. In the meantime, feel free to use babel.com to translate your German to English and from there you can cut and paste your posts.Regina

WelcomeWhat exactly do you do with Smart? Do you have mechanical knowledge? By the way, what's wrong with moving to Canada? Even the hockey players want canadian money now!! :biglaugh:

Hi Bernd and welcome to CsC! Good luck with your search and I would recommend you select a warm area like Virginia Beach. Hopefully, Schmart (our CsC - USA Director) can give you some pointers on getting in contact with them. However, if you prefer a snowy state, than Michigan is as good a state as any.See ya on CsC and keep us posted if something pans out. In the meantime, feel free to use babel.com to translate your German to English and from there you can cut and paste your posts.Regina

:doublethumb: Hallo Regina,Thanks for the answer.Viorgina Beach looks nice.Why not. Have you got some pointers for me,contacts?Bernd

Schmart,Can you give Bernd some VB pointers? Specifically on how to get in contact with your new smart dealership folks. Also, tell him how beautiful Virginia Beach is and what he can expect in the area. Thanks Big Guy! Regina :)

:doublethumb::thanx::sorry: Hallo an alle smart Freunde und Fans,mein Name ist Bernd aus Berlin in Deutschland. Ich bin 45 Jahre alt und von Beruf Kraftfahrzeugmechaniker Meister.Seit acht Jahren arbeite ich auf der Marke smart.Im Moment für eines der größten samrt center auf der Welt in Berlin.Ich bin auf der Suche nach einen Kontakt mit einem Händler in den Staaten der deutsch sprechen kann, da mein englisch grausam ist. Wenn es geht keinen MB Händler.Ich würde sehr gerne für mindestens ein Jahr in den Staaten arbeiten. für -auf smart.Ich hoffe jemand von euch kann mir weiterhelfen.Ich darf mich schon vorher für eure Bemühungen bedanken.Viele Grüße aus dem kalten Berlin.Bero58

For those of us who don't speak German, here are the translations of the above conversations via Babel.com. Thanks, Regina

Bero58 writes:

"Hello to all smart friends and fan, my name is Bernd from Berlin in Germany. I am 45 years old and by occupation an auto mechanic master. For eight years I work on the mark smart.Im moment for one of the largest samrt centers in the world in Berlin. I am on the search for a contact with a dealer in the states that German to speak can, since my English is cruel. If are not no MT dealers. I was smart very gladly for at least one year in the states to work for up. I hope someone from you can me help. I may thank you already before for your efforts. Many greetings from cold Berlin." Bero58

Ecyfoto writes:

"Bernd............. You must try directly with the United car Group work to search. Clicks you that left and there you give yours work to Zusammenfasung. The UAG is not related to MT. Attempt times and much luck!" Eric

Hi Bero58,

I sent the following email to smartUSA on your behalf. Hope all works out, Regina

My Post:

A German Master Smart Mechanic is looking for work in the USA

"Hi my name is Regina Rucker and I am an Insider and I have reserved a smart car. I am a member of CsC or ClubsmartCar.ca which is the premier North American Smart Car Club as started in Canada. Anyway, a German Master Smart Mechanic has contacted our club asking for smart employment information. He has 8 years of experience working on the smart in Berlin and he wants to work in the USA for a year or two. Who at PAG can we refer him too for possible sponsorship and/or direct employment? Please advise. Thank you", Regina

German Translation:

Hallo Bero58,

schickte ich das folgende email zum smartUSA in Ihrem Namen. Hoffen Sie, daß alles, Regina ausarbeitet

My Post:

A, das deutscher intelligenter Vorlagenmechaniker nach Arbeit im USA

"hallo meinem Namen sucht, ist Regina Rucker und ich bin ein Eingeweihter und ich habe ein intelligentes Auto aufgehoben. Ich bin ein Mitglied von CsC oder ClubsmartCar.ca, die die Premier nordamerikanische intelligente Auto Verein ist, wie in Kanada begonnen. Sowieso hat ein deutscher intelligenter Vorlagenmechaniker mit unserer Verein in Verbindung getreten, die um intelligente Beschäftigunginformationen bittet. Er hat 8 Jahre Erfahrung, auf dem intelligenten zu arbeiten in Berlin und er möchte in den USA für ein Jahr oder zwei arbeiten. Wer an PAG kann wir ihn für mögliche Förderung auch verweisen und/oder Beschäftigung verweisen? Raten Sie bitte. Danke", Regina

Hello, Virginia Beach, Virginia is a great place to live and work. Here is a link to the future Smart Center here:

5193 Virginia Beach Blvd

Virginia Beach, VA

USA 23452

Hallo, Virginia Beach, Virginia ist ein großer Platz, um zu leben und zu arbeiten. Hier ist ein Link auf die Zukunft Smart Center hier:

5193 Virginia Beach Blvd

Virginia Beach, VA

USA 23452

http://www.checkeredflag.com/employment.htm

http://blog.checkeredflag.com/my_weblog/smart_car/index.html

Bero58, Here's the response I received from smartUSA.com. Good luck, ReginaSehr geehrte Smart Enthusiast, Für alle Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten mit Smart USA, schicken Sie uns bitte Ihre Anfrage schriftlich und eine E-Mail an die folgende Adresse: Smart USA Distributor LLC 1765 Telegraph Road Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302 Attn: Cindy Geier / HR Manager Für Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten mit der smart im Ihrem lokalen Markt, wenden Sie sich bitte an den Händlervertrag in Ihrem Markt. Wenn Sie noch weitere Fragen oder Bedenken haben, kontaktieren Sie uns bitte per E-Mail oder telefonisch unter der 1.800.smartusa. Vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse an Smart USA. Sie werden bald von uns hören! Jessica Ratcliff Customer Service www.smartusa.com 1.800.smartusaEnglish translation:Dear smart Enthusiast, For all employment opportunities with smart USA, please submit your request in writing and mail to the following address: smart USA Distributor LLC 1765 Telegraph Road Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302 Attn: Cindy Geier / HR Manager For employment opportunities with smart in your local market, please contact the dealership in your market. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us via email or by phone at 1.800.smartusa. Thank you for your interest in smart USA. You will be hearing from us soon! Jessica Ratcliff Customer Service www.smartusa.com 1.800.smartusa

I hope you come to Virginia Beach..that is just what SCHMART needs...an experienced Smart mechanic who knows the Euro car!!!!!