Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harleyduo

Got a postcard from Smart USA today.

2 posts in this topic

When I looked at today's mail, I started to get all excited. There was a multi-colored postcard from Smart USA in the stack showing five small pictures of Smart Cars. I felt really special and was hoping it was my notice to contact my local dealership. I felt so SPECIAL that they had contacted me, personally, at my home rather than via my e-mail as all my other correspondence has been. Then I began to read it....."Congratulations on being one of the first to get a sneak peak of the smart fortwo during this year's "street smart" Road Show. We are confident you found the car innovative, functional and fun to drive.If you haven't yet placed a $99 reservation for a smart fortwo, we invite you to do so at www.smartusa.com where you can also find out the latest information about smart!Sincerely,The smart USA team"Suddenly, upon seeing that this contact wasn't even aware I have made my confirmation, I no longer felt so special. Then to add insult to injury, I turned the card over to see that while it was addressed to MY ADDRESS and everything, it was addressed to a man, I'd never heard of before. I don't even know if he lives in my town. I certainly hope their MAIN database is not as screwed up as this mailing was.

My heart would have ben pounding too. I just hope that there will be a flood of news and communication after the New Year. I'm sure all of us are anxiously waiting for word from smart USA.