Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harleyduo

What do you suppose the delay on dealer announcements?

30 posts in this topic

I think smart is adhering to this rule: "It's better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

While I basically agree to what you're saying, I also feel by saying nothing gives me the impression I'm not important enough for your business. It also looks a little incompetent (i.e. They don't know what's going on and no one's minding the store). A perfect example is the current situation with Smart in Canada. If an official representative would just come out and inform the Canadian Smart customers why things are on hold, peace and harmony would return to the Cosmos. (well, almost)Answer: Have an initial plan and keep us informed of any changes. Even if it's bad news or no news, at least we know someone higher up is considerate enough to let us know. Even if the original plan turns sour (for whatever reason), give it to us in the next newsletter. Plans change all the time and contrary to belief, it's not a sign of weakness in a company to keep your customer/client informed. It's showing them respect.To a business this might seem petty, to a customer, it say's volumes.-Tom L.

I'm with you there. Surely someone in the smart organization is keeping their finger on the pulse of its reservation holders. If not then the PR people aren't doing their job. Yes, yes - they've said (so I've been told) that they will be announcing something in Dec. but the natives are restless NOW and they need to be thrown some meat, MREs, whatever...... to placate them for the next few weeks. Be as transparent as you can be. Always worked for me and my customers/clients.

Many people have waited up to nine years to be able to finally order a Smart. This launch is truly a massive organizational undertaking and I am sure Smart appreciates all the patience that many are exhibiting.

Back in mid-August, the newsletter mentioned the development of a 'fan site' that would be out 'next month'.

9.03>> what's next for reservation holders For those of you who recently made a $99 reservation on a 2008 smart fortwo – congratulations! You have become part of the exciting launch of the smart brand in the USA. But what’s next? Over the next few weeks, smart USA will begin posting important information on our website (and on our e-newsletters) about key aspects regarding the launch. The next step in the reservation process: The USA models of the smart fortwo will begin production within the next few months. As such, smart USA will begin contacting reservation holders about taking reservation preferences to the next step. Over the next few months, batches of reservation holders will be contacted to confirm their vehicle preferences, choose any factory options, and send their smart fortwo configuration to the factory. Technical specifications:As noted above, the smart fortwo will enter production within the next few months. At that time, full technical specifications will be confirmed and posted on our website. This will also include information on all factory-installed options and dealer-installed accessories. The smart USA enthusiasts’ site:Next month, smart USA will launch an official “fan site” for the smart owners. This site will allow enthusiasts from across the country to interact and discuss their smart fortwo’s. smart USA will also allow enthusiasts to help name our site through a special poll. So please keep an eye on your inbox over the next few weeks to participate in the naming of our owners’ site.

I mean, hey, I'm very satisfied with CsC and my interactions here, but I was excited to see some more info straight from the manufacturer too. I know they're busy with the whole confirmation process, training dealers, and likely checking out new dealer construction/renovations, and a hundred other things.....C'mon, Michigan? Penske? Schembri? Can't a little something be leaked out to us or the public in general? Please?

My guess is that they have their hands full presently getting something straightened out. A glitch that they have chosen not to divulge, for instance the programming for the "improved" tranny chip.