Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ASmartMan

G&K/MB QC problem

5 posts in this topic

Hey AllI just found a QC issue with my 2006 Passion.On the driver's side the directional seemed not to work, so I took the nose off today to replace the bulb, with inspection coming in January I didn't want to wait till it was sub-zero before I replaced it.This was what I found, on the drivers side the the running lights powered the "Bright" part of the bulb and the directional powered the "Dim" side of the bulb (this is backwards). I (as a test) swapped sockets (drivers side to passenger side and vice verse) and found the problem followed the socket, this was when I went WOW.This problem made it past MBs QC, made it past G&Ks (US importer) QC, the local dealer, and this car has been inspected twice by New Hampshire inspection stations.So for those who have a G&K converted 2006 Passion you may want to take a close look at this (G&K bought in bulk SSOO they would have gotten consecutive serial numbers cars meaning I may not be the only one the have this problem) to see if you have the same problem.Just a thoughtASM

It's not a Mercedes-Benz/smart issue, because those are not the OEM smart indicators! The originals are in the European headlight cluster. The directionals on the CDN and USA 450s were added in a conversion process: the Canadian ones at a special part of the assembly line in France, where a single filament bulb unit was fitted. G&K fitted the twin filament bulbs in LA.

Lights on parking mode: bright (21 W) on one side and dim (5W) on the other side.......and vice-versa when 4 way flashers are on. Right?

MikeThanks, I thought it was a MB OEM part, I E-Mailed G&K yesterday and still waiting for their response.I'll just cut a swap the wires BUT all you G&K guys may want to see if you have the same problem too.ASM