Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danno

Winter Fuel Economy Sucks

79 posts in this topic

It was 31°C (87.5°F) on the south shores of Ontario and Erie this weekend!

Same province, different answer hehe.. gotta love Canadian climate. Yeah ours melted by Sat (except the shaded areas which took a little longer). +10°C helped speed up the process too.

Snow tires off, running on B70 this tank, turning in a 3.1 on the Scangauge for my daily commute to work

Well, my posts should now be in the main FE thread as it's been over 25° here since last week.I think I finally have proof of why the cars out west get substantially better mileage than we do out east: no wind! Over nearly 2000 Km this weekend, I did fairly good mileage going mainly east to west and back the other way. My average over four tanks was 4.4 L/100 Km, which I thought was pretty good considering the wind moved around over the four days to be mostly a head-wind the whole time, usually 30 to 50 Km/h! There was one stretch of about 200 Km with a cross/tail-wind that ScanGauge told me was mostly 2.8-3.4 LHK.But today I had to go on a quick sprint off the island to see a friend. The air was still today. My average for the 50 Km round trip (40 Km highway, 10 Km residential stop-and-go), again according to ScanGauge, was 2.9 L/100 Km... and I drove what I'd consider normally. At 100 indicated (96 on SG), it was using 2.0 LHK. I've never seen that before, but I don't remember the last time I've driven with zero wind.