Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest dbatch1715

Anyone buying a Pure?

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone out there have an interest in the Pure? I would like to see some Pure pictures posted if any are available. :thanx:

I'm looking at building a pure.

Even with adding AC, heated seats, Premium audio (6 disk changer, component speakers w/ sub.), power steering, and metallic paint, it's still cheaper than a passion.

I don't want the "glass" roof. I have one in my car now and hardly use it.

I don't want power windows.

I can live without paddle shifters easily.

I actually LIKE the looks of the hubcaps...

Posted Image

What car do you have now that has complete glass roof? I thought the smart was the only car available that has a glass roof. I love mine.I also really like the paddle shifters. That is all that I use, but I think the paddle are a personal preferrence.

If the pulse were still offered, THAT's what I'd buy. Paddle shifters and bigger tires make for much more fun.See signature above...Scion TCThe front seats have a rearward sliding sunroof. The back seats have a fixed glass panel.

We can't buy Scion here in Canada. That's why I don't know much about them. I wish they were bring the Pulse to NA as well. Maybe they will bring it over next year.

I plan on buying a pure. Not interested in power windows for that size car. No need for power side mirrors as well. Not planning on power steering even if it were a passion. I can turn on my own headlights and wipers, thank you. While driving no need to look up through a glass window. Car comes with speakers so I'll get an aftermarket satellite radio since I already subscribe. I'm going to go for the A/C and alarm system period. I love the wheel covers and can always change them for about $60 to $70. Alloy take offs from passions that will upgrade to Brabus alloys will be cheap as well. Pictures of the interior show it to be OK. I can always add aftermarket leather seating in a color of my choice down the road. JMHO. :biglaugh:

I like the looks of the Pure. In steelie only form (I love the '08 Steel wheels, hence my avatar), or with hubcaps.Maybe after things get settled down, they will offer the Pure cabriolet down here. They are already going to have the lowest priced convertible in the US, why not take it a step further.I wouldn't mind filling my eventual garage with my Passion coupe, and a basic Pure cabriolet for those sunny days.

Maybe they will bring more models chooses for the 2009.... like maybe a pulse.

with paddle shifters standard on the passion, wouldn't the only difference be wheels?

Don't know. Every country seems to have there own trim levels for the different cars....UK has a plastic steering wheel in the pure and a radio.US is leather...and it comes with the automatic mode on the tranny.UK's pulse has periscope gages and foglights, too...UK's passion has a two-spoke wheel like what's in our pure...Strange... :dunno: