Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest xrisnothing

Cancel your order now before its too late!

25 posts in this topic

The smart is an ugly bubble car and the transmission is the worst in automotive history. The red color is absolutely atrocious and the roof for the cabriolet is poorly attached, which can cause water leakage, excessive noise, and is even a security risk. Really, do you want this car? I think everyone should just go ahead and cancel their reservations and get their ninety-nine dollars back before they end up with this lemon of a vehicle. Really, who wants a two seater that isn't a sport car? No one. I hear its slow too.So, cancel away everyone. I'll keep my late reservation though, just so I can tell you how horrible this car is once I get it.

So, you want everyone else to cancel their reservations so that you can get your car quicker. Correct??

How dare you imply that my motivations are selfish. I just wanted to warn everyone that's ahead of me in line about the horrible mistake that they're making.

So, from your first post on these fourms you wrote the following post:

...... I'd be happy if I got the car in late Summer or early Fall. I just want it this year.

So, that is why I am assuming you are trying to get your car quicker. :smirk:

So, cancel away everyone. I'll keep my late reservation though, just so I can tell you how horrible this car is once I get it.

You da man!!!! :doublethumb: With 34,000 deposits on some 25,000 you may be onto something :banghead:

Alright, because I feel so bad for everyone that waited this long for a smart and realized, because of my message, that they should cancel their reservation, I put together a little list of smart car alternatives.

Toyota Yaris Seating fortwo? TRY FIVE!

Honda Fit It's urban, yo!

Mini Cooper It's the mini cooper. Step up to the clubman while you're at it.

Toyota Prius 40mpg? This baby gets 48 in the city and you can take some friends with you in the back. You do have friends-- don't you?

A motorcycle!!!!! Yeah, you know you want to buy a motorcycle instead!!! What are you waiting for?!

The smart is an ugly bubble car and the transmission is the worst in automotive history. The red color is absolutely atrocious and the roof for the cabriolet is poorly attached, which can cause water leakage, excessive noise, and is even a security risk. Really, do you want this car? I think everyone should just go ahead and cancel their reservations and get their ninety-nine dollars back before they end up with this lemon of a vehicle. Really, who wants a two seater that isn't a sport car? No one. I hear its slow too.So, cancel away everyone. I'll keep my late reservation though, just so I can tell you how horrible this car is once I get it.

I agree with this whole-heartedly! I think it is URGENT that people be warned and URGED to cancel -- it is IMPERATIVE!!!! xrisnothing and I will keep our place in line just to make sure we can report how bad this car really is!!!I'm here to support you, xrisnothing -- lets keep the campaign alive!!!

I actually had made the first 1000 reservations using phoney names in order to make a tidy profit scalping my spots in line. I just cancelled them all after your timely warning. Thanks for that. ;)

OK, OK, I cancelled my reservation but only because of the mileage issue. I currently have a Jetta TDI that gets 45 mpg on the highway and around 33 city. Why would I give up 2 seats and a trunk for 41 mpg in the SMART. Now if they offered the car with the diesel that they have in Canada and Europe I would still be on the list.

Wow, Xrisnothing, interesting evaluation of a car you have ordered but never owned. I can't address the cabriolet roof issues since mine is a hardtop but I STILL love my Smart after 2 years and wouldn't trade it for any of the alternate vehicles you list! And if you don't like the red then don't order the red, it's that simple. This post has to be a joke since I can't possibly believe that someone would not cancel an order on a car they hated just to be able to complain about it!!!!! Unless you are doing as others suggested......trying to get others to cancel so you can move closer to the top of the list. Interesting strategy.

LarryAlf,Your cancellation has made another smart lover very happy. Good luck to you!Regina

LarryAlf,thanks, my best friend is now one reservation closer to getting his dream car.......

No problem, glad to help, but soon as they offer the diesel getting 60+ mpg I'm back on the list. :D

No problem, glad to help, but soon as they offer the diesel getting 60+ mpg I'm back on the list. :D

Hi, me & my fellow bubba's will offer a reward for the first information about new diesel SmartsCurrently offering out of line ducks for considerationCM

The chance of a diesel in the US is very low.

But, an EV or PHEV is more likely. THIS is the reason I patiently wait, my friends...

:rolleyes:

The first one I see in the shop (I'm an auto mechanic) for out-of-warranty repairs, I'll most likely go bonkers and HAVE buy one...

:D

...The first one I see in the shop (I'm an auto mechanic) for out-of-warranty repairs, I'll most likely go bonkers and HAVE buy one...

LOL! Yep; I have no doubt. Once you get one on the lift and see all the cool mechanicals, you'll be infected!

B)