Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmartieParts

Dead Internal Links

69 posts in this topic

In the How-To -> 450 Pre-2008 Model -> How to DIY transmission oil thread, on page 2, post number 34, the link does not properly redirect. Last digits are p=69567#69567

I will check them out when I get a free moment - some of them are pretty buried though.Cheers,Cameron

Gang - I need a bit to go on - just the # makes it pretty tough - I can find the post but aside from giving you a link here I can't fix the missing link else where.What really works is to post the url from the post that the link is in then I can get some context as well as the post ID.What I have to do is go query the post id in the database - this gives me the new correct topic ID for the post - I can then go back to the link and edit it to point to the right place.Basically the posts that are MIA are still there it is just the post topic # that is astray - as it is a forward pointer from the post with the link I can't deduct where the link is from unless you tell me the post that links.If I have the correct info I can usually get the link back not only to the correct topic but the correct post too!Cheers,Cameron

I will try to get on it soon - few other missing links to - the truth is out there - the database just doesn't point to it anymore :lol: Cheers,Cameron

Just about all the photos from my two smartville tour threads are broken. All the photos are hosted here at clubsmartcar. Is there any way to re-index them or do I have to do it over?

Hi Mike,It is a crap shoot with the photos - some of them just don't seem to exist with all the shuffling. Probably take you less effort to repost than me to locate, reattach in the database etc.Cheers,Cameron

Try PM'ing Darren directly - not sure he is doing them any more. I will try to fix the link on the next go around for those.Cheers,Cameron