Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmartieParts

Dead Internal Links

69 posts in this topic

Thanks yolanda. The link has been fixed. It was a very old post, and it looks like the pictures have at some point been removed. It looks like it was by the original author, as where a picture was expected we see "oops", written by the author. So fixed... but probably not much use to you now anyway :( - Steven

Those links work now for me, Postman --- likely already repaired. Great project you've undertaken to sift through the boxes and cobwebs in the basement. More like archaeology now rather than recent history. :thumbup:

I hadn't fixed them yet, no. But they all work for me except the very last one. I'll go fix that one now. - Steven[edit] Actually, it can't be fixed. It is a link to a forum section, not a post - and that section no longer exists. I can make a guess where it was trying to point, but I think its probably least confusing to edit the post to remove the link, which I'll do now.

Hmmmmm....I cannot access the links "http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?showtopic=2503", nor 2504, 2505, 2506, 2507 by clicking on them, but obviously 2510 works for me. I don't have the computer skills to further research my own problem, but if you can see those topics why can't I?Here's the error message (which opens in a new tab in Firefox):> Board MessageSorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.The error returned was:Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

Here I am in IE 6.0.2900Logged in and all.Same dang error message :cry: Maybe you and deezle have "priviledges" that I don't (like Moderator/Administrator) ?BTW, there's a ton of stuff I can't find: 2007 election related posts, most of the 2006 election posts. That stuff just doesn't show up in any index for me at all. Does that help?John

Oh yeah... good call.That is the problem. Permissions. Those links point to our "archives" section, which for some reason is restricted. What good are archives if they're hidden? I'm to blame for that I think... I set up the permissions initially. Its a lot of work getting the permissions set up correctly. Every section times every user group...

Thanks Awesys - maybe you should change your tag to Awesome! :lol: Cheers,Cameron

Hi Yo !

A quick search took me to "Dumb things I've done so far with my smart car",

OH NO - I would never write anything there, I'm a MAN ! <_<

Yours, CcL

Sorry, I posted several days ago. next time I'll post the full url. i thought all you needed was the # at the end to fix the busted link. I can't find it back now. I don't even remember what i was reading.

Hey MF - help me a bit - which topic etc. did 63040 orginate from? If you can put the link to the originating post I will try to get it back in mesh.Cheers,Cameron

In that case the # didn't seem to go anywhere.Cheers,Cameron