Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rrrucke

New Site Color

42 posts in this topic

I was just gonna say - go ahead and ADD skins but don't remove them or swap things out :)-Iain

I quite like the green & grey combo, but not really bothered one way or the other. With a coversion/upgrade like this isn't time better spent working on the functionality and organization of the new site first. When that is all sorted, we can then vote on an colour scheme or decide to fork out some cash for a custom job???garth

I like the green. It's not puke-like at all, imo. Puke is much more of a browny-green, like so:

[note from admin: the following images have been removed and links to them put in their place. Links contain graphic content unsuitable for some audiences, viewer discretion is advised]

puke-1.gif

or so:

puke.jpg

or so:

http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized...e_aftermath.jpg

The forum green is more leafy/grassy, like so:

Posted Image

Do you really think that everybody wanted to look at your family photos?There ARE indeed higher priorities right now, so perhaps in the new year we should just have a poll to choose which one of, say, five skins will be the default one.

Do you really think that everybody wanted to look at your family photos?

Easy with the sour grapes Mr. "It's not a shade of green that one usually sees, even in nature."Being proven wrong is not such a big deal, you should react more gracefully to it. The green is a pleasent leafy hue, as demonstrated by the pic I posted. Edited by SoontobeSmart

I switched to classic blue, other boards I'm on are set to that too. The others were'nt bad, I'm just fond of the blue.

SoonToBeSmart, while I'm impressed you found a nice nature picture that is virtually identical to the colour of the green skin... I'm more than certain people will be bothered by the other pictures. I found them rather disturbing myself... although I do appreciate the humour. Can you please edit and remove them? Or allow me to do so if you are unable to (depends how quickly you react because there's a time limit for self-edits).Your point is taken but it didn't have to be so graphic ;) - Steven

Today is the first time that I see the site's NEW look. Despite all the other comments, I happen to think it looks very good and accept my congrats on it. GOOD JOB!! colour and all. :)

I agree. Steve upgrade the site WITH keeping the plug in data alive. That is no EASY task I can tell you. I think we can all agree that the most important task was to get the site back up and running asap. Due to the way datafiles are, you can't just convert the data AND leave the old board running. So Steve had to take down the board and work like a demon to get it up as soon as he could...What we should do is offer others to be able to make skins for the site.Steve? Is there an API or way to allow others to make skins?

Thanks Dean! If anyone understands the kind of work this has been... its you.

There's a list of tutorials on skinning here and here, though they are all scattered and sort of suppose you know the basics.

I haven't found a basic "how to get started" link yet.

For really basic, colour only modifications from the Classic skin, there's a very easy to use tool here. But like I said, ALL it does is change the colour. For those that want to play with it... we are using v. 2.3 of the software and you'll notice the tool only goes to v. 2.2 but for the purpose of skinning, the two versions are supposed to be compatible.

- Steven

Ok...I checked out the blue and the grey skins. I like the blue better than the green but the forum colors to identify new posts isn't showing up red. Everything's in blue. Can someone help me??? Thanks, Regina

This has been fixed. All three skins should now show the red highlighting for unread posts. - Steven

Color can have different effects on different individuals......if you don't like it be thankful you can easily click to another...

Edited by SCHMART

This has been fixed. All three skins should now show the red highlighting for unread posts. - Steven

That's awesome! I love the red links. Thanks!