Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichHelms

So, what do you think?

82 posts in this topic

Looking good. I figure having to update our avitar is good to get a fresh look.Thanks for all of the work and for the crazies over the next few days as the kinks are found and resolved

Thanks guys!I moved your two posts here because Announcements aren't for discussions and its not fair (and a bit confusing) to other members when you guys post there (because you're admin) and they can't. Keep in mind because you are admin you can do a lot of things that regular members can't do so try to be aware of which topics are closed and which forums are meant as read-only.Cheers! - StevenPS. KEEP THE PRAISE COMING!! Makes me feel good :)

Regarding the header with the picture and logo. It needs to be larger - the pictures should still rotate of course, and yes, this means submitting new photos. But that part of it needs to fit the new layoutI also think there could be a photo-rotator on the left sidebar - sized accordingly... maybe specifically themed, or narrowed down to a few themes...

I like the idea that under "My Assistant" you can view your last 10 posts. I think I will use that feature a lot.Great Work Guys.Greg

Where did the 451 forum go?

It is under General Discussions right now, and will get broken out from there by the moderators. I suspect much will end up in General Discussions, but there's all kinds of places it will find homes. Some of course, will be specific to the 451.

I like the idea that under "My Assistant" you can view your last 10 posts. I think I will use that feature a lot.Great Work Guys.Greg

I enjoy the expanded utilization of the member page - which let's you see more interactions and there are other bits I haven't explored yet, like member comments etc...All in all, this is a very very positive move.

Looks pretty good guys, thanks!So are we on some other server now too?

What do the topics titled "Depricated Topic" mean? Does that mean they're going to go away and we shouldn't add more to them or something?-Iain

Where did the 451 forum go?

The whole thing is the 451 forum now! We haven't done the cleanup, but everything in the "old" 451 forum will get split out to the respective sections (General Discussions, Modifications, Etc). The idea is that the main forums will be about the 451 and anything specific to the 450 will get put into separate sub-folders. The opposite of what it was before, but logical for moving forward with the newest model (once actually launched) always being the "main" discussion part. Hope that makes sense.

So are we on some other server now too?

Yes. It wasn't fair to leave it tied up with Dean's personal resources I didn't think. As well, I didn't have the familiar access on that server that I needed to get this done. On the server its on now, it uses CPanel, which I've been using in web development for years and am very comfortable with. Why'd you ask? Notice a problem? - Steven

Fantastic site! Again! Love the way you can zip around!Love the colour! I'm not changing it!Amazing!THANKS!Ian

other than the blocks under the user names (they take up way too much space, look at miket's posts) it looks fine

Looking great!Thanks Steven for all the hard work. I'll have to play tonight to learn all the new stuff.....Spell check on the posting window. Thank God!!!!!! Dang

I love the little resize buttons on the reply window! No more scrolling-within-scrolling :)Incidentally I couldn't get the spellcheck to work, it tried to download software - am I doing something wrong?-Iain

I like the colour scheme and the look of the site. So far the performance had been good too. "My Assistant" seems pretty useful and I'm also happy to see spell checking....try reinstalling Duck...was really straight forward to set-up...nice to see that you can choose between Canadian, UK, and US English!!Great Job Steven.garth

Edited by garthD

Reinstalling what? I don't want to install software. It should be a built-in feature, otherwise I'm not touching it...After playing with this for a few hours, I think the super-nesting of all the forums is fairly difficult to navigate.-Iain

Edited by Duck

Incidentally I couldn't get the spellcheck to work, it tried to download software - am I doing something wrong?

Read this in the help file: http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?act=Help...E=01&HID=17I added the little note about browser cache because I too had a problem. It had it installed and working prior to the change, but then it didn't work with that button. After clearing all my cache/temp files/cookies it worked fine. - Steven

So far I like it. Thanks for all the workMGBTW, I notice below this window the following:Attachment space used 52.83MB of 10MBDoes that mean I am over the limit?

Reinstalling what? I don't want to install software. It should be a built-in feature, otherwise I'm not touching it...

Again, that's covered in that link... but in general, no - spell check won't be built in. Its more-or-less just a conveniently placed link to a commonly installed browser addon.Regarding your comment about navigation - I emplore you to just try to get used to it, but otherwise we'll need more specific feedback to make adjustments if possible. - Steven

BTW, I notice below this window the following:Attachment space used 52.83MB of 10MBDoes that mean I am over the limit?

Aparantly! And by quite a margin! I'm not sure how in the world you have that much (the old site's limit was 10Mb too), but I'll try to look into the settings for that. - Steven

Where do you guys see that?? I don't see anything about attachment space. Can you post a screen shot? - Steven

Also - not a criticism, just a 'hey, now what', but the 'Welcome' section seems redudant now with the other forums in it moved. The 'Special Announcements/Events' could just down to the next group perhaps?

Regarding your comment about navigation - I emplore you to just try to get used to it, but otherwise we'll need more specific feedback to make adjustments if possible.

Okay, sorry about that. I just thought that heck if I have trouble with it, I can't imagine how people who only visit the site once or twice a week will ever find out about local events.-Iain